Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so POd at DH...maybe he was having a bad day, but...He was packing his clothes for a snowmobile trip and dog hair was everyone. Well duh, we have 3 dogs! HELLO...he turns to me and without even skipping a beat says, "Well YOU need to do a better job of keeping up with the dog hair. I'm sick and tired of this dog hair." I gave him that look and said SMURF YOU, you're not working, you could help out around here instead of just sleeping, eating and playing with your buddies.

Ok, so while he was gone over the weekend I again vacuumed EVERYTHING, floors, couch/cushions, walls, etc. Not one hour later, you couldn't even tell! :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Assuming there's no "If you want dogs then you have to take care of them" rule in place, I'd have freaking lost it. He'd currently be residing in a barrel in the garage while I figured out where to hide the body.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
"Ghostly" will find this and *thwack* you for belittling your husbands.
That reminds me. I sent Daniel an email to see if he could find out who Ghosty really was. He didn't reply.

·
Registered
786 Posts
whenever my hubby complains about the dogs something else is really the problem. Trying to find out the other thing that is bothering him is tough...I usually grin and bear it. But on a hard day when I am overwhelmed I would complain back at him. Maybe your man is really upset about something else too.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Even if there is a "it is your dog, you take care of it rule" in place, I have learned EVERYONE has some sort of baggage they bring to the table...I am SURE there is something of his that you "put up with"...

I would have passed him the vacuum and told him to have fun!

You mentioned he doesn't work and his home all day essentially farting around...I would love to know more about the situation...I have a feeling you were WAY in the right on this one!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tuckersmydog said:
Even if there is a "it is your dog, you take care of it rule" in place, I have learned EVERYONE has some sort of baggage they bring to the table...I am SURE there is something of his that you "put up with"...

I would have passed him the vacuum and told him to have fun!

You mentioned he doesn't work and his home all day essentially farting around...I would love to know more about the situation...I have a feeling you were WAY in the right on this one!!
Yea, I put up with a lot of his BS!!! He drives OTR and is gone all the time, but they aren't busy now until about mid March. He's "taking the winter off" cuz they're not busy right now and going snowmobiling, eating, sleeping, watching TV, you know, all that important stuff to help me while I am work all day! I love it when he is gone so his being home 24/7 for the last couple of months is starting to wear on me I guess.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
If there wasn't dog hair on my clothes. i wouldn't know they were my clothes.

Black dogs.Black clothing. problem solved.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Thunders Mom said:
I love it when he is gone so his being home 24/7 for the last couple of months is starting to wear on me I guess.
I hear you, and I commiserate!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
What would I have done? Well, for starters, my husband would have said that under his breath - just loud enough for me to hear a gripe and not hear what he actually said.

And I would have ignored it.

If he has dog hair all over his clothes he is probably nor putting them in a drawer or a closet, no? I don't have this problem.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Hey now snowmobiling is important!!! Every guy needs to get out and party it up on the trails.

Since I do all the floors and take care of the dogs, I can not complain about the amount of fur floating around the house.

Forgot to mention in about up North, there are a couple of bars that allow their Labradors inside, went into the Ash Ka Nam one day and a beautiful Yellow Lab was crashed out on the couch in front of the fireplace inside the bar.

Have fun this weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts