Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you had to be the opposite gender.

Example: For me, I would be scared of being a male because of the draft.

·
0 Posts
Then you can be a male - there is no draft anymore!! :D All that is required is registration with the Selective Service when you turn 18. The last year anyone was actually drafted was in 1972. I turned 18 in '73, had a 1A draft classification and a sequence number of 56 - but they didn't draft anyone that year and the draft was abolished the following year.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Well, I'm old enough that if I had been asked the question back then I would have answered "the draft" also.

Now? Hmmm... let me see. Tudor and I live in a totally role reversed world, so this is a hard one for me to answer. I know! When I was a kid I was always grateful that it was my dad who always carved the roast or bird or whatever. I used to think I'd be scared to death to do that. Weak, I know but it's all I can come up with. :)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
LMBO Nathan! I am seriously rolling. Oh, not that I don't think you *are* beautiful...

Hmm. I don't know! I guess I would be scared not being able to act scared of anything anymore! That would be the scariest thing! :eek: :D

D

·
0 Posts
Shanna said:
if you had to be the opposite gender.

Example: For me, I would be scared of being a male because of the draft.
You could always put on a nice cardigan!

Hmmm.... what would I be scared of if I were male.....

Aiming?

·
0 Posts
Oh, I forgot to answer the question.

I'd be deathly afraid of getting nail polish on the wall or getting hideous germs because "SOME PEOPLE" don't know how to properly put a roll of toilet paper on the roller!!

LOL!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Hmmm....I think being sole provider for the family would scare me the most. I know it's not that way in all homes but it is in ours. It has to be a HUGE source of stress.
All the wants and needs of the family.....and all the "what ifs".

The draft would have scared me to death!

Aside from that, men have it good. They don't have to have periods or give birth....or send cards!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Drilling into walls and doing things with electricity.

Also, Nance...I know where you're coming from with the bird-carving. Even when we pick up a roasted chicken from the grocery store for just the two of us, I still won't take it apart.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Charla said:
Hmmm....I think being sole provider for the family would scare me the most. I know it's not that way in all homes but it is in ours. It has to be a HUGE source of stress.
I agree with this. I will be a stay at home mom, too.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Charla said:

The draft would have scared me to death!

Aside from that, men have it good. They don't have to have periods or give birth....or send cards!
I agree with this. I think at times the stress of it all gets to my husband. That's why I've stopped asking when we can move.

And the draft- It can still be called into effect, can't it??

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
If I were a man, I'd be most worried about how to fill my free time. What with the wife doing the marketing, cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, carpooling...

I'd be very scared that I'd wear out my thumbs with all the channel surfing.

But mostly...as was mentioned already...I'd be scared of the huge responsibility for my family's wellbeing. Because no matter of the double income/both working families, I still rely on my husband to handle the big stuff.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I'd be scared of all those uncontrollable erections! And swinging my balls and hitting them on...um...stuff. :D

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I'd hate to walk around with a penis and testicles. I honestly don't know how men do it. It's all just hangin' out there. As a woman, I can have naughty thoughts in public and I don't have to think about baseball to make sure nobody notices. ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
All you ladies who mentioned that, basically, you empathise with guys who are the sole provider -- that's really thoughtful!

As for me, I think what would scare me the most about having to be a teenage girl would be having to put up with teenage boys; then, as an adult woman, I think what would scare me most would be having to think about things like not parking near vans, having to lock my doors, carrying mace -- all those things that I have never even thought about, until I got married and was able to see things through my wife's eyes...

Steve

1 - 20 of 50 Posts