Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really pretty here in Texas....a little chilly....but gorgeous.

No inlaws here. Most of the laundry is done. Most of the house is clean.
I guess all that's left is maybe working in the yard some.....which would be refreshing after not having any yard work for months.

Happy day. :)

What about you?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lounging on the couch. Making peach cobbler in the Crock Pot..Hanging some shelves..Then dinner with my sister and her husband and good friends!!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Prepare for the heavy wet 8-12 inches of snow that arrives in a bit and hope we don't lose power.

Eat some soup I made yesterday.

Watch a movie I rented and didn't get to watch yesterday because Gone With the Wind was on and I opted to watch that instead.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Not too much. Run a couple of errands, play with the dogs, watch some movies, work some crosswords.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i have to go to a birthday party for the sil's spawn.

husband + inbreds = black sunday

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
We're haveing a really pretty late Feb snow here today - I'm glad because I need to do inside stuff and so won't feel tempted to go outside and work. I'm going to finish cleaning the house, water all my plants, finish laundry, and then quit putting off working on a power point presentation for work.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Not much. I made chilli & washed some clothes. It is really cold here & some light snow is falling. I don't feel like getting out of my pj's just yet.:D I have to go to the store later....if I want to eat this week.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Grocery shopping, listening to the boys read their school books to me, probably play outside with them a bit if it warms up (it's 33 now...brrr), go look at kitchen cabinets/countertops when hubby comes home.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
meeting my mom to see a movie in a little while...confessions of a shopaholic and then a bite to eat.
home to watch the oscars and snuggle with the pooches.
have a great day everyone (but jinx) LOL.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Cleaning plus laundry. We are supposed to be getting another storm tomorrow, so I won't get much cleaning done tomorrow with the kids home from school.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm about to take the dogs to the lake (it's a beautiful day here - 60 and getting warmer). When we get back I need to study for microbiology and genetics. It's my closing weekend at work, so I have to be there from 3-10.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Getting ready to go snowshoeing with hubster and the dogs. Baking a raspberry pie for a friend's birthday.

Oh, and preparing for the SECOND snowstorm of the weekend. This time, the weathermen are predicting 18-20 inches of the white stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I'm a little further ahead than you guys time wise, so I'll tell you what I've done so far~

made breakfast
fed and watered guinea pigs
washed up
played a little Wii with Jonathan
played with dogs
poop scooped
checked on football scores
played on computer
dried my laundry out on the line first time this year.

I am yet to hear Jonathan read his school book
colour my hair
make supper
walk the dogs
face the fact that my weekend is over and it's work tomorrow~blah!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
No laundry today mom & dad has offered to do mine tomorrow. I came home sick Tues and took Wed and Thurs off. I work 10 hour days so my weekend is Friday to Sunday. I have most of the house cleaned but my bathroom is the pitts as I haven't felt up to cleaning it so that is on my list. I am killing time here while the toliet bowl soaks in bleach.

I just cut up 9 onions and have them cooking to make onion soup. I will also grill chicken breast make a quick orange sauce for it and steam brocolli for our Sunday dinner.

This is also my prep day for cooking for the week. As mom has several "bad" days per week I try to do as much as I can. The sales this week were fantastic so I bought a lot more fancy stuff. Whole chickens were 67 cents a pound, pork loin roast was $1.68 a pound for a whole loin so I split one with my SIL. Plus round steak is 99 cents a pound and I will cut it up for stew. So I will marinate and stuff the pork roast, clean the chicken and freeze it so all she has to do is thaw it and cut up the round steak and prep the veges for stew. I also will prep most of the veges to be used during the week. This will take about 2 hours.

Then I am going to chill out and shower, do my nails and put the load of laundy in the washer so all mom has to do is run it through. Dad will put it in the dryer, hang it up and he even does touch up ironing which with my work outfits being Dockers and a company polo they should need it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
So far I have
Replaced some grout in the kitchen
Caulked a couple of cracks
Shoveled the snow

Soon I will
Do some laundry
vacuum
dust
look at my taxes
brush Deacon
make a percatelli, tomatoe and onion dish I stole from Lydia Bastianich

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
--clean office
--do weekly review on work projects
--figure out how to store cargo box
--meet friend for coffee
--plan menus for the week
--grocery shopping
--go to the gym
--do something fun in the rain with the dogs

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Care to share the recipe? =)
Super easy ..

Bring about a 1/2 cup of water to boil in saute pan. Add slice sliced onions, I use white, cook until all water is gone, onions are soft. Crush some whole canned San Marzano tomatoes with your hands leaving them some what chunky. Add some salt and pepper. You can also add bacon or prosciutto (I do not) Boil some percatelli while you are making the sauce. Add the cooked perc to the saute pan toss and heat through. Serve drizzled with a little good x-virg olive oil and a little romano cheese

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Its cold and windy, again, so I probably will get busy and get some more painting done! I'm not sure what I'm more tired of the incessant wind or painting:(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts