Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Preschool -- Are You My Mother?
School -- TONS of Hardy Boys

And every year, on the first day of summer vacation, I would re-read a book called "The Secrets of Hidden Creek" by Wylie Folk St. John. It was a about three siblings who go to their grandparents' home for summer vacation and wind up searching for a cache of hidden Confederate gold. I loved that book!!!!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Nancy Drew and for the life of me I can not think of the books about triplet girls I used to read...so frustrating!

My all time favorite was this book was about a bear and his family that lived in a tree. My sister bought it for me a few bdays back...AND I can't even think of the name. **** this old brain!!:frusty:

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Drummer Hoff. And anything Seuss.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
Alice in Wonderland
The Velveteen Rabbit
The Little Mermaid (not the Disney version - the not so happy Hans Christian Anderson version)
Nancy Drew

...and I feel like I'm missing something major...I'll have to come back to this...

Edited to add: Oh Yeah! The Secret Garden

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I loved Aesop's Fables, Brother's Grimm, and Hans Christian Anderson tales. I still have all three of those books from when I was a kid, and I read them with my boys now like my parents did with me. :) Dr. Seuss books are also up there too.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
My Side of the Mountain (not a story book per se ,but my favorite)...and I can't remember the author. I must have read that a dozen times as a child.

I love all the Suess books and I got to re-live them with our kids and now the grand kids.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Snow White and Cinderella. I had a big Disney book of stories that my Dad would read to me. Snow White was my favorite as a little girl. I can still remeber sitting on his lap and him reading to me. He would like that I remember that.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh, anything Beatrix Potter, The Boxcar Children, A Child's Garden of Verses...the list goes on and on. So lucky to be a teacher - gives me the opportunity to read and re-read these books over and over.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
My all time favorite book I had as a kid has got to be The Boxcar Children, and then any and all of Dr. Seuss books and Brothers Grimm. Mostly I loved books that had examples of the different types of fish, birds, insects, spiders, butterflies, amphibians, you name it if it had critters in it, that's what I'd be reading.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Preschool: Go Dog Go

Elementary school: Black Beauty

I actually found my favorite edition of BB last year on eBay- after looking for about five years!!

Lucy

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.