Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will take lots of practice before the guys in Naples need to worry about us. But not too bad for the first attempt at homemade pizza in an outdoor oven.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
*drooling*
That looks so **** good!! What kind of oven is that?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*drooling*
That looks so **** good!! What kind of oven is that?
Wood burning, designed for backyard pizzas, not industrial strength. Basically a super insulated igloo that allows you to maintain high temps 900-1000F which they say is the key to cooking a good pizza. It seems simple enough - fire, dough, crushed tomatoes and some cheese, but it is going to take a while to get good to learn how to manage the fire. We burnt the #[email protected]#* out of the first two, undercooked the rest.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh my, that's 847.5 degrees on that thermostat?! HOLY ****!!
That is definitely my kinda crust though - YUM!!!!!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I've never used one of those, the restored fort I go to has a brick one that will bake 48 loaves of bread at one time. Need to take the time and go up there sometime when I don't have 30-40 hungry folks to feed and learn to use it.

However my dutch ovens will let you put that kind of heat on a pizza.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've never used one of those, the restored fort I go to has a brick one that will bake 48 loaves of bread at one time. Need to take the time and go up there sometime when I don't have 30-40 hungry folks to feed and learn to use it.

However my dutch ovens will let you put that kind of heat on a pizza.

Fire it up, bake some sourdough and post pictures.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Fire it up, bake some sourdough and post pictures.
I'd love to, but I don't think it will fit in this year, I've about got my vacation days planned and I want at least 3 days to work with it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Oh man that looks good. Especially to someone who has been on a liquid diet for 3 weeks and has 2 more weeks to go!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts