Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nala is still young so I can't seem to get her interested in tennis balls so I am curious other than tennis balls what are some other toys your labs like to play with? I am still looking for the sucky ball they were out of them at petco when we went and she has a kong that she will use. One of my favorite things to do is take her into the pet stores to get her toys and we like to buy her one or two week so I am wondering what you guys suggest that your dogs like.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal loves this doll like toy. There are several varieties but the one I got him says cat burgular on it! he also like his kong, a jolly ball, and most any stuffed toy.

He really loves the rubber chuckit balls too.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Nellie seems to alternate between toys; she's got too many. LOL. Right now they are all in a trash bag because my house is for sale and the place has to stay neat. She does have several favorites though; a large fleece ball which she got from a Secret Santa here on JL, a tennis ball with a fake raccoon tail on the end and a plush carrot which giggles.

B

·
0 Posts
I give Billie the hard nylabones to chew on. She loves those. Kongs. I got her this blue chew toy, but I can't remember what it was called...she seems to like that too. I can't buy stuffy toys, they die a very quick brutal death. The bo-bo she got from her Aunt Heather for Christmas lasted 30 minutes and only because I kept taking it away.

Tennis balls are the love of her life for outside. Inside, it's socks, chasing the flashlight shadow, and a flyswatter. Oh yeah and barking at ceiling fans.

You might try going to the dollar store, trying out things and then buying the more durable versions of what she likes once you find out. It might save you some cash.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Of course, Tennis ball! But Kong, old slipper, rope, knuckle bone from pet store, and cardboard boxes (she's not supposed to have)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Tucker LOVES his Cuz:

He has three actually; one orange one, two red ones (one without feet thanks to his cousin Knox). The Cuz bounces and squeaks and are supposed to be relatively indestructible.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am lucky Saska loves all her toys but her favourite is a Duck and any ball, she is so focused on her ball when we go to the field nothing else matters, I hope you can get nala interested in toys she will have so much fun, so will you. (Saska was not interested in balls when she was young, I think she was about 10mths old before she started getting interested in balls.)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Mine pretty much like all of their toys.

They love the stuffed ones though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nala has toys that she loves but she is just so young I think she gets bored with them quickly and looks for another one. We have them in a box and she will take everyone out an play with them while we are sitting there watching tv playing with her. I just wanted some ideas as to what would be a good new toy for her next time we head to pet smart she doesn't like to pick them out. She has the bee hive looking kong is that the one that you guys use?

M

·
0 Posts
Empty plastic milk bottles, and anything that will squeek :D Also, ANYTHING they are not supose to have(cell plones and remotes!)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Madison LOVES her Nylabone keys. She's on her 2nd set right now, I bought the bigger size after getting Sarah for the girls to play with. Madison will play with them inside or out. She also loves her squeeky hamburger I found at the Dollar store. It's a nice heavy plastic and she LOVES to hear it squeek!! We gave up on the stuffed animals. She shreds them. I bought her this really cool duck.. after all, she's a lab, she needed a duck ;D... well, the poor duck had to have surgery to repair it's wing within the first 10 minutes. After duck's surgery... she then decided to try and rip his head off. It was pretty cool, instead of squeeking, it make a quacking noise. Madison also likes my son's raquetball.

Sarah is still figuring out what she likes. :)

D

·
0 Posts
tuckersmom said:
Tucker LOVES his Cuz:

He has three actually; one orange one, two red ones (one without feet thanks to his cousin Knox). The Cuz bounces and squeaks and are supposed to be relatively indestructible.
We have gone through a few Cuz's in our house. They become amputees within a few hours of arrival.

I have not found much that Diesel does not shred right away. The Kongs and the Nylabones last the longest.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Max likes any toys...I stopped buying the soft stuffed animals because he kills them in two minutes. I bought him a stuffed toy from Petsmart...I cannot remember the name of it. It looked like a Tug toy and it has squeaky thing in it. That lasted a surprising 3 weeks!!! The toy is supposedly sewn in 7 layers of material. It cost $18.99 though. Petsmart is out of it for awhile now. The Bamboo brand toy lasted 5 minutes. So, now he only has his Kong, different kinds of ropes, balls, nylabones, his ball that we put treats in and a bottle toy that you can also put treats in and the stinky bones for chewing.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
tuckersmom said:
Tucker LOVES his Cuz:

Sammi has 3, had to cut off the feet or they would be decapitated within nannew secs. - she loves them, but her clear favorites are her Kong, and a squeaky football that I bought @ Pet smart- this is the only toy that she has had longer then a day and has not de-squeaked, actually she has had it for over a month!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts