Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Ouch...a little too far, no? I'm all for some friendly back-and-forth, but that cuts a little deep for those that have lost loved ones or have suffered serious injuries.
Point taken. Post deleted.

That was def. not my intention. I actually thought it was a jab at the size of the Naval force.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Okay! I have nothing against Canada. Lots of nice people live there, (not sure about Quebec based on an experience in the mid 70s).

But please tell me what I would do with more Canada. Longer winters? Lower temperatures? Please, there must be something else that I am missing.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay! I have nothing against Canada. Lots of nice people live there, (not sure about Quebec based on an experience in the mid 70s).

But please tell me what I would do with more Canada. Longer winters? Lower temperatures? Please, there must be something else that I am missing.
You just don't know what you're missing, Ed. It can't be described, it must be seen, felt, heard, and tasted. =)

What you just described are 2 typical misconceptions about us held by many Americans. We are a big, diverse country... bigger than you ;), well, in landmass, not population (plus!). Our climate varies greatly from one end of the country to the other, Ed. Vancouver, BC has mainly rainy, short, and quite temperate winters, (Your Minnesota is far colder) whereas here in NS, we are much like Maine. Go further west and you get longer & colder, but we are not all like the Northwest Territories. =)

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Me I like yer Boulet brand boots, the one they call the Shooter boot is one of the most durable and the most comfertable western boot I've ever worn, and I've worn a lot of them.

Fact is I have both the brown ones and the black ones:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.