Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed this 'thing' on Violet's back foot this AM next to her claw. Doesn't seem to bother her and I don't think it's been there too awfully long (I trim her nails every couple of weeks, and i may have missed it once, but i can't imagine that I've overlooked it completely...) I'm mildly freaked cuz it looks gross (and I am somewhat vain about wanting my girl to be 'pretty'), but it doesn't seem to bother her (other than my making her lay still for a photo)
Any ideas? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't think it's a callous. As best I can tell it's more from the nail bed than pad, although she doesn't want to let me have a real close look (I'll have to catch her sleeping tonite...) - do dogs get plantar warts??

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Is it affecting her walking? If no one else has any ideas, I'd call the vet..I'm stumped!
Good luck..Jackie

VioletsFolks said:
I really don't think it's a callous. As best I can tell it's more from the nail bed than pad, although she doesn't want to let me have a real close look (I'll have to catch her sleeping tonite...) - do dogs get plantar warts??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is totally fine. No limping, no chewing, not sore, nothing. Only somewhat annoyed that I keep looking at it, because she prefers no one mess with any of her feet. I guess I was hoping for some ideas on what it might be so I can decide if she even needs to see a vet or if there would even be anything they could do about it, anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts