Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Looks like some place to run far, far away from! Don't think I would want to get a pup from someplace that sold Morkies. WTH is a Morkie anyway?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Good grief! Look at all the mixes! I'd say it's a broker who goes around to BYBs and puppy mills and offers to sell their puppies for a percentage. Run away, fast, as far as you can!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
A jug? A maltipoo? A puginese? A yorktese? WTF?

Scary stuff!! For fecks sake .... that is just BAD!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Good grief! Look at all the mixes! I'd say it's a broker who goes around to BYBs and puppy mills and offers to sell their puppies for a percentage...
Going by what is on their website, that's exactly what they are:
Greenfield Puppies has been finding homes for puppies since 2000. Our breeders are located throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania. We visit every breeder, inspect their puppies and their facilities before we place their puppies for sale on our site...

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
A jug? A maltipoo? A puginese? A yorktese? WTF?

Scary stuff!! For fecks sake .... that is just BAD!
That's what I was thinking. Are these people ignorant, stupid or just in it for the money? I suspect the latter. :mad: Looking down the list of names of those "breeds" scares the hell out of me. If these punks aren't careful, there wont be any pure bred dogs in PA in a few years. The worst thing is, most of the pups I saw are sold. :mad:

If anyone here lives in the area, feel free to visit or phone the punk that owns that site. He registered that domain name for 12 years so he obviously had a long term plan when he set it up.

Here's his details:

Registrant:
Greenfield Puppies
100 Nordick Drive
Lancaster, PA 17602
US

Domain Name: GREENFIELDPUPPIES.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Greenfield Puppies
Dean Hostetter
100 Nordick Drive
Lancaster, PA 17602
US
****@greenfieldpuppies.com

Domain created on 25-Aug-2000
Domain expires on 24-Aug-2012

Last updated on 28-Jul-2008

http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?domain=www.greenfieldpuppies.com/

Better yet, how about one of the breeders here contacts him posing as a customer for his site & report back to us re how he operates? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Going by what is on their website, that's exactly what they are:
Greenfield Puppies has been finding homes for puppies since 2000. Our breeders are located throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania. We visit every breeder, inspect their puppies and their facilities before we place their puppies for sale on our site...
Well they obviously dont do a very good job lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
I called one. Amish farmer. Dogs in large fenced in area with large dog-house type structures. Mother on premises. Farmer's kids go in to play with pups. Dogs bred once a year. Cash and carry pups.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
PA is notoriously bad for puppymills and puppy farms. :(

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Jack-a-ranian? Whoodle? Yorktese?

This is outrageous. I will never understand why some people will pay top dollar for a glorified mixed breed, when they could go to a shelter and save a life while doing something to help solve the problem of pet overpopulation, and get basically the same thing. :confused:

This is one of the worst ones I've seen. Just disgusting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm guessing their main clients are mostly first time dog owners.

While I know why the following are all good things for the adoptable dog, here are some reasons why I think a person would forgo the shelter route:

I don't know about shelters, but I know that rescue groups sometimes make it quite difficult to adopt with the lengthy, personal questionairres, home visitations, and physical fence requirements.

People want to know for sure what breed(s) the dog is. ie - they don't want any terrier mixes/hunting breeds because they have other small animals in the house, or they've heard too many horror stories about pit bulls and want to be absolutely certain their pup is pit bull free, etc. You just can't be sure with a shelter dog.

They assume shelter dogs have been mistreated in some way, and that might come back to haunt them at some future date in the form of aggression. Or, they have been malnurished at some point and that will mean vet bills later.

People want puppies. Not only for the cuteness factor, but people also know they aren't great dog trainers and assume that it is easier to start with good behaviors at the puppy stage, than have to untrain an adult's bad behaviors first.

First time dog owners often suffer from sticker shock, and we all know how expensive pups from a top breeder can be.

Again, these aren't my personal opinions, just my guesses as to why a person would not adopt a dog from a shelter. So please, I don't need anyone barking at me.

I'm also guessing that the people who would buy from such a site don't know the many reasons why it is just bad.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The one that really cracked me up was the Chiweenie :)

It´s amazing how far they go with these "fashion breeds". It´s so good that fad hasn´t come to my country. You either find plain old mutts or "purebreds" but at least people don´t get imaginative here inventing names on their mixes...

I guess the Morkie was a mix between a Mastiff and a Yorkie, but the Yorkie was the mom! :)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
broker

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
The one that really cracked me up was the Chiweenie :)

:)
Sammi's best buddy is a little "chiweenie" at least thats what they told my friend when she found him at the rescue- for all of 150.00$ neutered, micro chipped and immunizations- he is a great dog, and is loved to death, but designer breed, i think not:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts