Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week this bird a Robin has been flinging himself against my bedroom window. Clunk clunk he starts around 7am and he is still doing it. This bird must like pain.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
:eek:

that bird has some issues!!!

i just laughed out loud in computer class for the 3rd time today haha

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Robins are one of the most common birds to dash themselves to death on windows. Do yerself and him a favor use yer Daisy Red Ryder on him. ::)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
We have cardinals that like to do that on our big windows on the front of our house. You'll be sitting there and all of a sudden...."THUNK"!

Here is one from last year. He had to sit there stunned for about 15 minutes. I thought he was going to die but all of a sudden he just flew off - thank goodness!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Folks don't use the term 'bird brain" for no reason.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Kiddsmom is right about them seeing their reflection and thinking it is another bird. It tends to be the males who tink they are defending their territory from another male. (Hey their brain is about the size of a Chicklette and most of that is for sight and flying rather than 'reasoning'). If you want to stop it, tape something (newspaper, cloth etc.) on the OUTSIDE of the window so that there is no reflection for the bird to see.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
It is so funny that you posted this!! We have the exact same thing happening with a female cardinal outside our downstairs window. It is ALWAYS trying to get in! My hubby thinks it a reincarnated previous owner ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
KLM said:
He had to sit there stunned for about 15 minutes.
I wonder if birds see little people spinning around their head. ;)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it the mating season issue this bird needs to get out of this abusive relationship and find a bird that likes him. If he thinks he is fighting for his territory, he'e probably thinking man that other bird is strong.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Maybe you should stop walking around naked. You're such a tease.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts