Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sawyer has shredded two Whubba's, the stuffed Kong toys, the chuck it tennis balls (he just kinda crushes these with happiness), and the Kong frisbee. And the thought of any toy from the dollar store (tug rope, squeaky toy, stuffed toys, regular stuffed toys) are out of the question. They don't last two seconds.

Though tennis balls are outdoor only toys. He likes bobbing for them in the kiddie pool.

The only toys that he can constantly chew on and never wear down are the original red Kong, and the black Kong. He LOVES his Kongs and especially likes the bounce. He likes them in the pool as well.

But I wish I could get him some new more interesting toys that hold up to his strong jaws. This is a dog who crushed a metal door nob flat.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I know what you mean. When we took the dogs to the beach, er had two tennis balls...Dinozzo bit both and they sank in two (different) rock pools. Like you, I've found the red Kong stands up to the stress pretty well (Dozi is still a puppy and the black Kong is a little too big just yet...but watch this space... ;) )

He was given a 'Pup Treads' - the rope disintigrated within a couple of hours, but the rubber ring has survived.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Stick to the Kongs and the knobby Kong ball. He'll get a kick out of the crazy ways it bounces. Also, the hard (durable) Nylabones are good. My boys destroy anything else.

·
Registered
129 Posts
For us Abby isn't the problem, but our boxer Bo can kill anything in a matter of seconds. So far the only things he hasn't destroyed are his kong and Bad Cuz. I would recommend the cuz and jollyball if he doesn't already have one

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We have several power chewers here! Piglet is the worst....we actually were testers for one company for a while. Give her a new toy & 15 minutes I can tell you if it is a keeper or not lololol. Anyway, here are a few that we have been able to keep here.... Good luck! :mullet:

West Paws Dogs Home | West Paw Design We have the hurley & tux. The site also has a search my area for retailer!

What is Zogoflex®?

Zogoflex is amazingly tough material that is buoyant, pliable, and designed to be recyclable, to create virtually no waste during our manufacturing process. Non-toxic and FDA compliant, our Zogoflex® material is made in the USA to create dog toys that are both fun and durable, such as Hurley®, Huck, Zisc®, Tux™,and our newest toy Būmi™ - all are guaranteed against dog damage - yep, it's that tough!

Another great site to find toys is Planet Dog look for anything "5 chompers" . We also had the "brown football" thats 4/5 chompers. The white "laces" came off but that didint effect the durability of the football itself. Our girls like this because of the shape.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
What I have found, is my lab needs 100% supervision with his toys. Otherwise they are Mincemeat! I have yet to find a toy that without supervision my dog can't chew. That includes Kongs (black and red), "Tuffy" Line, and everlasting fun ball amongst so many others. I just bought him a teaser ball, I throw that and he retrieves. As soon as he chews it gets put away. He loves the chuck it, same thing, he starts to chew, gets put away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got this rubber screaming chicken for our lab who is as tough a chewer as they come. That chicken is probably the only toy is have never chewed to bits. He is totally afraid of "hurting" it. Every point that he tries to grab on to it he gets rewarded with a very loud scream. Best. Dog. Toy. Ever.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a friend with a Lab and Shepherd that swears by the toys made from firehose material. Jeb has never really been a destroyer but Hampton guts everything. Isn't the Bumi the toy Felicia's Ollie destroyed? There is also a line of PetStage toys. We have the Orca Jack that has lasted through 2 lab pups.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I simply cannot imagine a dog chewing a Kong to bits. Maggie is a chewer, but there is no way she could chew up a Kong. Not even the red one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bandit and Maddie dont care for the kong toys because they cant destroy them. To them that is the fun part. Wait I take that back Maddie wants to lay in one spot and destroy them and Bandit wants to get Maddie to play with it (with him).

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Antlers, kongs, and nylabones here, thats all they get.
I do give some toys like Tuffie's and such when they are pups, but after that we move to the main staples.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We had a big fire hose toy.....lasted less than half a day....started on a seam & that was it stuffing EVERYWHERE! Another Piglet toy death....They destroyed a black kong but not a blue or red one. The blue is super tuff for like police dogs, the black although hard, seemed more brittle once they got a big area chewed. The red & blue seems not as easy to puncture. You have to search for the blue kongs.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.