Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Well if you can't go into a marriage with honesty, whatcha got? :)

So what was his reaction?

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
You were honest. He'll get over it. :)

I agree Valentines/Christmas can be cheesy.

A guy can have fun though...I gave my wife a box that was wrapped up. Of course, she thought it was a ring but it was actually a watch. I then proposed close too but not on New Years eve when she was least expecting it.

I think by him mentioning to you that he had the day set, he was opening it up for you to try and work it out. Maybe he is tricking you??!!

- Dave

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Tell him that you picked those two dates so far away because you were hoping it would be sooner and were just tried to poke him a little.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
He may be bluffing. Or, if he's even halfway clever, he's starting to redeploy the troops elsewhere, managing Operation Bended Knee from different approaches.

Drop it. Let it ride. And if it does indeed turn out to be Christmas, put your happy face on, gush over the ring, and enjoy the day. And serve fondue for an appetizer, telling him "See? Cheesy isn't bad at all!!!"

BTW - We got engaged on our way to a Halloween-themed orchestra concert.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
what dan said, yeah listen to dan. Drop it, or you'll shoot yourself in the foot again. Let him have his surprise, you can't talk openly and then have a surprise it won't work.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Why do you guys have to be so **** sneaky?
Because we know its our last act while still in charge. Once, 'Yes!' is spoken, command is transferred immediately.

Except in my house. I am still in command. When I get home ans she says jump. I decide how high.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Why do you guys have to be so **** sneaky?
It's the last time in a relationship that we get to orchestrate anything. After that, it's all "What time do we show up? Can I wear this? Who are we seeing again? What's he do for a living? What time do we need to be in the car? Have you MapQuested it? Where'd I put those black socks? Remind me again of Cousin Irving's live-in's name??"

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Good one, Ed! :)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
It's the last time in a relationship that we get to orchestrate anything. After that, it's all "What time do we show up? Can I wear this? Who are we seeing again? What's he do for a living? What time do we need to be in the car? Have you MapQuested it? Where'd I put those black socks? Remind me again of Cousin Irving's live-in's name??"
what's your point? :D

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Because we know its our last act while still in charge. Once, 'Yes!' is spoken, command is transferred immediately.

Except in my house. I am still in command. When I get home ans she says jump. I decide how high.
LOL! :D

...And after my wife Veronica said yes, I have been saying "yes" in agreement to everything ever since. :D (anything for an easy life).

This is the best tip I could give a newly married man....just agree. :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts