Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've been a Tide user for years, mostly because that is what my mother used, I guess. While researching my new front loading washer and dryer I came upon a laundry forum. One of the threads in the forum was about t-shirts getting little tiny holes in the front, something that always happens to my husband's shirts but not to anyone else's. Apparently this is a reaction between something my husband gets on his shirts (he loves to work in the garage and yard) and the Tide, which is apparently one of the stronger detergents available. It was suggested that anyone with this problem use a different detergent, so I'm interested in what detergents y'all use and like. I will need to buy an HE detergent but I think most brands come in regular and HE, so I don't think it matters which one you use. Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I use Gain Joyful Expressions...I like the Apple Mango scent. It smells so fruity. :D I didn't think Nick would be a fan, but he really likes it. He's a landscaper, and always coming home with dirt on his clothes. I feel like it gets stuff out pretty well...better than some I've tried anyway!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've had to use Gain this year since my roommate is allergic to Tide. They also have non-fruity scents, and it seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Tide gives me a rash so I don't use that. I use HE Sunlight or President's Choice brand (for a front-load machine).
Apple-mango scent laundry detergent? Don't know if we can get that here, but sounds wonderful :) I love fruit scents!

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I use Tide when it's on sale, the Costco brand, Kirkland, lately I love the scent of ABC in the green jug. I pretreat my stains, so I don't find a difference in performance. I go by smell, usually. I do use the HE versions though.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Janna and Boomer said:
I use Gain Joyful Expressions...I like the Apple Mango scent. It smells so fruity. :D I didn't think Nick would be a fan, but he really likes it. He's a landscaper, and always coming home with dirt on his clothes. I feel like it gets stuff out pretty well...better than some I've tried anyway!
This is what I use. I love the Apple Mango Tango scent. I even buy the fabric softener. We all smell so fruity! LOL

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I've used Tide for more years than I can remember. Funny- our t-shirts get those little holes sometimes, too. Since it's always been the cheaper quality ones, I just figured it that's what caused it.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I had been a Tide user for years....until just recently! I went to spend the weekend at my best friends house a few weeks ago. The first night we were there,
she pulled out some sheets for us to use. I just loved how they smelled! I asked her what she used. It was Gain Original Scent. So when we got back
I bought Gain Original Scent along with the fabric softener and dryer sheets. Now all of our stuff smells good too! :)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We use Gain Original. I think our clothes last longer. We used to use Tide but drifted away from it years ago.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Tide, most others cause my feet and other parts to get a rash.

G

·
Purex, mountain or rain scent. Gets my clothes clean, they smell good and I guess I use it because that's what my mom used and its a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
It's really interesting that Tide causes a rash/skin reaction in so many people. I thought my roommate might have been exaggerating on her reaction to it, but obviously not.

I wonder what makes it such an irritant?
Also, what is HE?

G

·
The same people who make Tide, make Gain. I use either or, depending on if one is on sale or if I have a coupon.
I wish I could use the fruity scents but they dont make them in HE detergent.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I was a tide girl until recently when we went through some financial problems and switched to Gain because for price it seemed a better deal well when we got back on our feet I stayed with Gain because it cleaned just as good and smelled great.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts