Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Run a 78 year old man, on a scooter, off the road, into a ditch and into a tree and have the gall to drive away laughing?
My poor dad has been on kidney dialysis for several years. He goes three days a week for 4-5 hours at a time. This prevents my parents from taking little trips and doing the things they were going to enjoy in their "golden years". Recently he bought this scooter. He loves it. He even has a little "group" he rides with sometimes. It has given him some much needed joy in his life.
I, on the other hand go to sleep at night thinking about the same kind of thing that happened this evening.
What kid could possibly LAUGH after doing this? I swear to God I would beat mine silly if they ever did this to someone.
Police can do nothing because he didn't get a good look at them and no license plate number. It is scary to think that some kids have no more respect for another human being then to do this.
Dad has a deep gash that runs the length of his hand, a knot on his hand the size of a tennis ball and a fracture in the hand. He has to see an ortho guy in 3 days. He is on a strong antibiotic because of the open gash with the fracture. His is scraped, cut, bruised and thankful to be alive.
He had a helmet on thankgoodness. His head hit the tree too.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Sorry Lisa. Let's hope karma catches up with the pricks & then see how brave & funny they think they are. :mad:

Why don't you appeal for witnesses? Was there anyone else around that might have seen it? I'd try placing an ad in the paper or ring the local radio station offering a reward for any info that gets them prosecuted. Also did it happen near a CCTV camera? Maybe if he was near a shopping centre or somewhere that's monitored? If so, you're 90% towards getting the bastards.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Any businesses around that might have security cameras that caught a picture of these punks?

Hope you dad heals quickly and doesn't let some idiots like these stop him.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
How awful!!! I will keep your dad in my prayers for a quick recovery from his injuries.

As for the kids, I can't explain them, especially the ones now-a-days. They have no respect for anyone & I mean anyone. They think the world owes them everything they want with no effort from them. By all means there are a few goods eggs out there, but thise kind clearly outweigh them.

Karma should catch up with that group & bite them in the ass good!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Sorry Lisa. Let's hope karma catches up with the pricks & then see how brave & funny they think they are. :mad:

Why don't you appeal for witnesses? Was there anyone else around that might have seen it? I'd try placing an ad in the paper or ring the local radio station offering a reward for any info that gets them prosecuted. Also did it happen near a CCTV camera? Maybe if he was near a shopping centre or somewhere that's monitored? If so, you're 90% towards getting the bastards.
Ditto!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. He was riding out by a park. It has several small roads around it. Not much there but trees. Not much traffic (that is why he was riding there) He said no one was around.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Sorry to hear about this :( I hope he heals soon. *hugs*

Today's youth seems to have less and less of a conscience. It's sad but so true :mad:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Oh man, I can't imagine how angry I'd be. Maybe, in addition to reporting it to the police, you can write a letter to the editor asking if anyone might have been around that saw it to contact you.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I thought this was going to be about an article in the paper or something, not your Dad! I'm so sorry...poor Pop, I feel so bad for him. :( Thank God it wasn't more serious.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
As for the kids, I can't explain them, especially the ones now-a-days. They have no respect for anyone & I mean anyone. They think the world owes them everything they want with no effort from them. By all means there are a few goods eggs out there, but thise kind clearly outweigh them.
As a parent of not quite adult boys, who has close contact with a whole lot of teens and young adults, I would beg to differ here. There are many many good eggs. They absolutely outweigh the bad ones.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Oh, man. That's cold. Hope your Dad heals quickly and completely.

And that the maggots who did this get theirs......

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
As a parent of not quite adult boys, who has close contact with a whole lot of teens and young adults, I would beg to differ here. There are many many good eggs. They absolutely outweigh the bad ones.
I must agree with you on this, I see a lot of shithead kids, but I also see a heck of a lot of good ones.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm grateful that your father is going to be OK. A similiar situation happened in my town and the scooter rider was not so lucky. The scooter rider was killed and the six (6) young people involved made a pact to keep quite. I've posted a link to a story in the local newspaper that sums up the chain of events. I knew the families of most of the young people involved and they were brought up better than this. They did not even call 911!

http://www.salisburypost.com/Area/071708-Michael-Jason-Brown-death-statement-

1 - 20 of 28 Posts