Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I like to be outside as much as possible I would say March. With January and February in Michigan I expect it to be winter and am ok with the snow...I still get outside at least 2x's a day (have to with the horses LOL). With March, it's ALMOST spring but yet the weather always disappoints me. I am so ready for spring!!!!!!

So, how about you?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I agree- March!

It goes from a really nice day one day- then bitter cold the next. Just pick a temp and stay in that range for more than a few hours!

And the mud. Oh the mud. I hate it. We've had a ton of rain in the last week or so which melted the foot of snow we had. The yard is so mushy. I dread taking Tucker out because it is just so messy.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats amatta Jule? Sick of muddy wet windy crap already? Can't believe it! Yup, March is a LONG month!
A LOT of things....I am constantly on edge with the horses...the temp shifts can be hard on the horses. We had one die from colic (he was 32 though) because it went from 30 to 60 to 30 in 3 days. I am always on edge. The mud sucks my boots off, the driveway always sucks, and I am SO ready for spring!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree- March!

It goes from a really nice day one day- then bitter cold the next. Just pick a temp and stay in that range for more than a few hours!

And the mud. Oh the mud. I hate it. We've had a ton of rain in the last week or so which melted the foot of snow we had. The yard is so mushy. I dread taking Tucker out because it is just so messy.
UGh, Tiller has so much fun in the mud LOL....but that means he has to stay in the mud room! He has such a thick coat I can't get him clean! So, in the spring we decide....outside to play today or inside in the house to snuggle. He always chooses outside LOL. So long as he doesn't play with the bazillion skunks that are out I am ok with that LOL

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
February. It's depressing. At least March provides hope of spring coming soon! I'd rather have some warmer temps than none at all.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
February sucks, bad. It's the last month of winter, it gets dark early, and it's still cold. It's a short month, really, if I were February, I'd take myself off the calendar.

I love March. We start getting days in the 60s and 70s, but the humidity is still further to the south, the daffodils are coming up, and some trees are budding out. The dogwoods will be in bloom in a few weeks, and best of all, it's the beginning of our first severe weather season.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Being in Chicago, March isn't always spring here. I love to see the seasons change, but if I had to pick a favorite month it's October, I love when the leaves change color.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
February sucks, bad. It's the last month of winter, it gets dark early, and it's still cold. It's a short month, really, if I were February, I'd take myself off the calendar.

I love March. We start getting days in the 60s and 70s, but the humidity is still further to the south, the daffodils are coming up, and some trees are budding out. The dogwoods will be in bloom in a few weeks, and best of all, it's the beginning of our first severe weather season.
Your February is our March... Its still **** cold and we only get tiny glimpses of spring. Its better by the end of the month, but still.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
A tie between November and December. I despise the holidays.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
February. Hands down. Just brutal for me. I hate the winter and while the holidays help me get through the early part of it, February has nothing to offer. Just cold and dark and bleh.

March sucks too, but the snow is gone, we've had the time change and every now and then we get a glimmer of spring. Its a big tease, but it gives me hope.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Your February is our March... Its still **** cold and we only get tiny glimpses of spring. Its better by the end of the month, but still.
Well I don't mind April either, so I'll hope March goes by fast, deal?

The one bad thing about March here (probably there too) is the temperature swings. This weekend was perfect, 70-80 degrees and sunny. Took Jes to the park, grilled out, etc. Today, it's cloudy and in the 40s. It's not that the 40s are cold, but they kind of suck after having upper-70s weather the day before.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
January/Feb equally.. they are both horrendously cold.. the only edge February has is its only 28 days.

March gives me hope of spring.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I hate August. Hot, muggy, miserable weather! I am so ready for summer to be over and the cool, crisp weather of fall to start way before August is over.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Tie between March and August...

March because spring is coming and then summer, which I hate...and August because at that point it feels like summer will never end.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
January, hands down. The weather sucks and it's my worst month at work. We could have a foot of snow or an inch of ice on the ground and I'd still have to drive into work 6 days a week. In February, at least, if it's too bad I could stay home.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts