Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Java is afraid of the baby gate.
Moka is TERRIFIED of my son's basketball hoop in the driveway.

What strange/funny things are your labs afraid of?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Really nothing. Rider is cautious around the male vet in our clinic, but otherwise, nothing. It scares me that he'll run right up to a moving car like it's no big thing.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Nothing here too.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
An empty food bowl.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There isn't anything she's truly terrified of. But she did get spooked by some chainsaw carved bears in front of the bookstore in our Old Town district. We came around the corner and she literally jumped! After closer inspection she decided they were not scary after all. Oh, and there is a concrete painted brown dog (retriever shaped) at a bead store that she used to growl at until she realized it was concrete.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moka was also afraid of the pomeranian we saw at the park last week. She wouldn't go near him....he wanted to play, she just sat down and let out a couple of scared barks. But, she wanted to play with the big Rottie we saw later on.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush isn't scared of too much except the sweeper. Boo, is scared of loud sudden noises, the sweeper, something that moves (like a remote control car hee hee) on it's own.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Dozer is apprehensive around new men, but warms up to them very quickly (we're talking under a minute quick), but other than that he's not scared of anything.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Libby's afraid of thunder. Willy is afraid of me with a laundry basket over my head. I swear I did that last summer outside and started walking towards him and he went off on me barking and then ran to the door to go inside. Big baby!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thea is afraid of anything unexpected and the baby gate falling anywhere near her. (We just prop them up.)

Bear is absolutely terrified of the vaccum and thunder. Panting and hiding usually ensues. ETA: also fireworks and marching bands.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
The vacuum cleaner and thunder but yet she is an awesome hunting dog. Any unexpected noise and she jumps...kills me everytime :D
Also the neighbor rides his bicycle down our road and she FREAKS out...she barks, pants, slobbers and wants to rip the door apart.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts