9,781 Posts
PhoebeJeebies said:
You should see the zit beard I am sporting :
that's hot.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is a combination of hair product and not finding the right moisture balance for my skin. I have wicked dry skin...but too rich of a moisturizer and forget...I look like an extra in Revenge of the Nerds.

And why does it always show in in patches? For a while it was the uppper right side of my forehead...before that... my hairline...the past few week...my left cheek... :no:

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Mine was TERRIBLE when I was pregnant too luckily it's cleared up a lot since I had Aubrey though. I still have all the scaring from it though :(

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The best skin I ever had was when I was on birth control pills. I will never see such wonderful skin again. :whatever:

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PhoebeJeebies said:
The best skin I ever had was when I was on birth control pills. I will never see such wonderful skin again. :whatever:
Yeah, not so much over here. I think that is when the trouble started...

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Hormones suck!!! I don't know why there's this myth floating around that once you get out of puberty, you don't get acne anymore...it's so not true :death:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i'm just starting back on bc because of my acne. i am 35 and have dealt with it since elementary. i get it along my chin and when i get one cleared up, another two pop up to take it's place. i have tried pro-active (did nothing) and i'm on some over the counter stuff now (nozema). if the bc doesn't clear it up, my doctor is going to give me a stronger prescription. i'm so embarrassed about it and as a teacher, the kids are not kind when they make comments either.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
PhoebeJeebies said:
Hormones suck!!! I don't know why there's this myth floating around that once you get out of puberty, you don't get acne anymore...it's so not true :death:
You got that right!! Those "boils" or whatever really hurt.... :ugly: :death:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I thought that since I made it through my teens with clear skin, I'd never have problems.

HA!

Around the age of 20, my skin was suddenly terrible. I even did two rounds of Acutane, a seriously heavy duty acne medication, and the zits still came back.

Knock on wood, it slowly got better. Of course, now I'm getting crow's feet. :(

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I had cystic acne when I was in my 30's. It was truly awful. Never had a problem when I was a teen.

Both of my sons made visits recently to our dermatologist and one of them is on Differin - which is working very nicely for him. Very few of the OTC products work that great IMO.

If you are looking for a good OTC moisturizer that is non-comedegenic try Purpose. Their products are very gentle and work well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts