Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly has been licking the inside of one of her legs a lot today. I just checked it out and the spot where she's licking has little brown spots all over it? What is that?

It's on the inside of both legs actually....and it's raised like a rash. :-\

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: What is this?

I'll get a pic as soon as John gets home. My camera keeps saying "Card not initialized"
I have no idea what that means. ???

·
Registered
6,961 Posts

Oreo cookie? ;D Explains all the licking.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

Beginnings of a hot spot maybe? But those are usually red not brown...hmmmm...i wonder what it is.
Hurry up John, we wanna see the spot!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Our golden used to get something like that on his belly. I forget what the vet called it, but we washed it off 2x a day with warm water and had an ointment to put on it and it cleared up. He always got it at least 3 times during the summer

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Our old lab has that too - some sort fo skin infection. He usually gets clavamox and some spray to make it stop itching.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heyyy...I have some sort of spray for holly for when she had that bad hot spot. Could I use it for this??

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I'm not sure, but I suppose it could be some kind of fungal infection. It doesn't look bacterial, since it's not raw or weepy. Could they be scabs from a scrape or hot spot that you didn't see? Theo gets marks like that occasionally, and they feel like scabs. I spray hot spot stuff on them, and they go away after a few days.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Could it be heat rash? Has it been hot there? I really don't know because I zone out during national weather. LOL Maybe though?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts