Just Labradors banner

What is the downside to having a Big A$$ Pool?

620 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Princess Zoe 
#1 ·
The Big A$$ new liner is costing me $1000 more than I anticipated.

Thought I had saved enough, had to borrow a bit. Arrrrgggghhh.

Well, the dogs are worth it :D

#2 ·
What is the downside to having a Big A$$ Pool?
Where I live, it's trying to find the water to fill it with. You can build a pool but you're not allowed to fill it with mains water. Anyone building a new pool, has to fill it from a tanker truck or their own water tank which is usually filled from the roof. You have to wonder, where those trucks get their water from? :confused:

#6 ·
Where I live you can fill your pool, but can only water your grass every other day for 10 minutes using a hand held hose.

#3 ·
Well, yeah, the water may be a problem. I have a well, but if I have to rely on that it will literally take WEEKS to fill it. Thankfully when they built it, they tapped off several well heads. I dug up two of them today (they put the pipe in there) so hopefully they will be able to get water up out of the ground to fill the pool. The liner is on order, will be here next week.

#9 ·
Linda, I didn't realize you changed your name!! I only recognized you from your siggy pic. :)

They still make pools with liners? I remember growing up we always had a pool with a liner. Had to be replaced quite a few times due to the dogs scratching holes in it.

#11 ·
They make them a lot better now. They at least half the cost of a gunite pool. When we were looking at putting a pool in I almost passed out when we got the price for the gunite. :eek: It was about $50k including a fence, heater and decking. We could get a liner pool for about $20K with all of that stuff. We are required to have inground if we want a pool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.