Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 hummingbirds this year again and this darn woodpecker keeps flying in! The woodpecker is difficult and I can't catch him with my net...so I USED to hose him down and he couldn't fly...well, I can't do that anymore because it is ruining the drywall and other things in the garage...so I decided to wait it until until he was tired. He doesn't GET tired....today is day 3 and I can't get him out.....so what does he do? Finds a way to get into the soffit of our attached porch! Now he is doomed if he can't get back into the garage because I can't get into the soffit without some major work (or so my DH says).

Why are birds so dumb that they fly in but cannot figure out to fly out? They can't seem to figure out that they have to go below the trusses to fly out! Anyone else have this recurring problem? We don't leave our garage open for long and they always fly in when I am unloading something. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
601 Posts
My mom keeps getting birds down her chimney! She hears fluttering and then suddenly WHOOOSH a bird flies into her house!

They usually are able to chase them into the kitchen and open a window for them, but I still find it hilarious to imagine my mom chasing a bird with a broom and her Cocker Spaniel and German Shepard running circles around her barking!

I hope your bird gets out soon!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I DID dismantle the soffit because I could not take it anymore. It took me awhile to figure it out because the builders installed it really well....anyways, I got him out, put him on the bird feeder, gave him water and within 5 minutes he passed away :( poor guy, I feel horrible now.

·
Registered
601 Posts
poor birdie!! Maybe he was really old!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts