Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So usually at night I allow Maggie May and Sawyer to sleep in my room with me. Its usually one on the floor and one on the bed. Just depends on who jumps up there first. And its usually "princess" Maggie lol. BUT when either one of them misbehaves or has a general bad day then they sleep in a crate for the night.

Well yesterday Sawyer just had a bad day. I think its also cause he's got a bit of cabin fever going on but still....He was a pain in the butt regardless lol. So I put him in the crate that evening and Maggie and I made our way to bed. Of course within minutes he is barking his head off about the whole unfair situation. But he eventually quiets down and I start to fall asleep.

I was maybe out for an hour when I woke up to banging and scratching on my bedroom door. Along with loud pitiful howling. I couldn't beleive it! The little stinker broke out of his crate! I went downstairs expecting to see the crate torn to peices. But it wasent. He some how undid the latches (which I made sure was secure before bed) I suppose either from pawing or chewing on the door.......It was so not cool.

I was impressed though since he didn't trash the house or kill any of the cats while he had free reign of the house :eek::p.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
:D Well at least he was a good boy after his escape. Yes these labs are pretty smart about breaking out. I know several folks have nicknamed their labs Houdini.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D Well at least he was a good boy after his escape. .
Lol yeah. I didn't know wether to be mad at him for breaking out, or proud of him for not trashing the house :rolleyes:. He sure keeps life interesting thats for sure lol.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Smart boy that Sawyer...

Good boy for not trashing the house or snacking on a cat.

(Was MaggieMay named after the song?)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
tuck never has, but koda can do it.. i've had to use a bungee cord to keep her in there.. she uses her nose. I've seen her do it and it baffles me because it's not an easy door to open. Even i have to use some force sometimes.

The first time she did it, i was at work.. imagine my surprise when her and tuck both greeted me at the door when i came home =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts