Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
their paw?

I'm hoping its just the fact that she's got a fatty lipoma on her shoulder and it's maybe pressing a nerve or something, but I'd like to be prepared prior to tomorrow's vet appointment so that I can ask the appropriate questions if necessary, especially if it's not this lump that's the cause.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
A compressed nerve is a very reasonable thought, Karina. Just describe the event to your vet the way you have here. I hope it's nothing to be concerned about and I'll look for your update.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. She was a bit clingy this morning which is out of character for her, but I didn't see anything at that time to make me worried. When I came home for lunch though, different story. I tried to get in this afternoon/tonight, but they are booked solid, and so far, no call telling me they can get me in. She said they couuld call as late as 7:00 p.m. though. We've got an appointment for 1st thing tomorrow morning though.

She's not doing it with every step, but out of my 50 minutes home at lunch, I'd say she did it 5 times that I saw. The first time it happened I thought she slipped on the rug. Then when my back was to her I heard a thump and saw her getting up a second time, that's when I was like WTF? I made her walk towards me and that paw was flipping over.

I spent my lunch hour outside eating soggy toast cause I was blubbering like a monkey. Yeller's our solid, our stead fast, our invincible machine, she can't have anything wrong with her.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Awe so sorry to hear K. This sort of happens to Buck too. It is like he stumbles on that front foot. Happens mostly when he is tired. He has arthritis in his shoulder. But when i think back he did it quite a bit as a puppy too, ya know butt tuck butt tuck going full speed then tries to slow down only to go head over heals roll over and get up. I had him to our vet about a month ago or so she said it is arthritis and we should put him on a prescip med, put a whole lot of non slip mats down for him. I did alot of reading and consulting with a fellow JL'er and i decided for now we wouldn't go with prescip but would continue with liquid glucosamine and added ascriptin ( its an aspirin coated with maloxx) safe to use in dogs and not available here in canada so i got my sister to pick some up. He is doing great now. Lemme know how things are.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey...just seeing this now. I've never heard of anything like that. PRAYERS that's it's from the lipoma...I'll be watching for an update.
xoxo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
....it's not a good sign.... my vet used to 'test' our older ones by turning a foot over while the dog was standing, to see if the dog would 'right' that foot on it's own. I can't remember what in particular he was looking for.

You might consider looking for a veterinary chiropractor in your area for an evaluation/treatment - could be a pinched nerve near/at the spine too. Doctors, worldwide, certified in animal chiropractic by the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association

Hope it's nothing serious and that Yeller feels good soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.