Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live about 17 miles from work and I just got into the city where I work. I saw a 2 pickups pulled over to the side of the street and a woman and boy about 12, I am guessing. They were standing up in a yard, so I just figured someone rear ended the other.

Well I looked up a bit farther and there stood a small deer! I am assuming one of the trucks hit it :( I felt so bad for it...I could see blood from its mouth and on its neck. I could imagine what was going to happen as I drove to work.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Aw, poor little deer. I don't mind shooting them for food, but I hate when they get hit by a car and are hurt. I saw one on my way home from work one night and it was injured laying in somebody's yard. I drove home and wanted my husband to go shoot it and put it out of it's misery. He said no way was he going in someone's yard with a gun in the dark and start shooting. In this neck of the woods, people tend to shoot back. I felt so bad for the poor deer. The next morning on my way to work, it was gone, so maybe it really wasn't hurt that bad after all.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Somebody will shoot it. When the police come they usually take care of it. When my husband has seen them on the side of the road he gets out and takes care of it. He almost always has his bow in his truck. This usually is only a problem in the Fall here.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
It happens all the time. All over, I think.

We have deer hit here, about 3 blocks from our house. Straight road, posted for deer crossing warnings, 35 mph speed limit, and still average 2 deer a month on the side of the road. People have to pay attention, but they don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts