Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend from So. Cal was here so we went river rafting. Had a blast, want to do it again, but we want more! Here are some pictures. All but the last two were taken with a waterproof disposable camera, so not the greatest quality and taken when we had a break in paddling. The last two were taken by the outfit, so I took a picture of the pictures in order to post. Watch the slideshow in full screen for the best viewing. I hope they come up, Shutterfly has been acting up today. LINKY

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
That looks like SOOOOOOO much fun! Were you freezing by the end of it? It looks like a beautiful day.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some great river shots.
Howdja do driving across that bridge?
Yeah - how did you do crossing the grated bridge?
Found another way, avoided the bridge. Saw it from the other side, though.

That looks like SOOOOOOO much fun! Were you freezing by the end of it? It looks like a beautiful day.
The water was 40° but with the wet suits, it was fine, plus the it was 95° outside. Also, you are not supposed to wear cotton because you will freeze. I had quick dry clothing on.

Whoohoo you got to run the falls! Did everyone stay in?:D
They wouldn't allow us to run the falls. Said it was too shallow (I think) and something about the current at this time being too dangerous. We had to get out and walk around. I was bummed. Nobody in our raft fell out, but the other rafts had people fall out.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
That looks awesome, Betsy.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
They wouldn't allow us to run the falls. Said it was too shallow (I think) and something about the current at this time being too dangerous. We had to get out and walk around. I was bummed. Nobody in our raft fell out, but the other rafts had people fall out.
Hate to tell you this, but they started running it yesterday. Crud, guess your going to have to go again:D The water level was actually to high, they will probably run it now until mid to late Sept. when the level gets to low. We're making reservations for late Aug. can't wait!! Glad you had a great time, its such a fun run!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts