Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have a new black lab..."Rosco". Apparently the vet gave us the wrong dog back when we had Remy neutered a few weeks ago - this dog is so completely different from our boy!

"Rosco" likes to lie on the floor while we watch tv and gum a plushy toy for hours on end. He doesn't hump Brooklyn. He is definitely more attentive than Remy was. His training is coming along quickly - especially his retrieving.

And Rosco cuddles! He likes to climb up on the couch and curl up on me (oof!) and stay there for sometimes as much as a 1/2 hour at a time. He even fell asleep on the couch with us last night!

He's very very cute...I just feel bad for whoever ended up getting Remy instead. They must have their hands full! ;)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I think most of us are aware of the story of a kennel releasing the wrong dog to the wrong owner and the months it took to straighten it out. Maybe this is another case of that kind of error. Be prepared for Roscoe's owner to show up to claim him.

I am not worried about this. Hershey has unique features that I always check when she returns to me from any absence. Even when one of our kids watches her for us.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Welcome Roscoe! I am glad Brooklyn is safe from Remy's humping. We joked about the same thing after Bauer was neutered. Everyone said that there wouldn't be a big difference, but my kids can sit on the floor without being humped . . . that was a big difference in my book.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Lucky you. I am just wondering when Diesel will start to calm down. He has always been a cuddler, but he can't sit still for two minutes.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lucky you. I am just wondering when Diesel will start to calm down. He has always been a cuddler, but he can't sit still for two minutes.

THAT'S it right on the nose. He isn't wandering around whining anymore. He would sit for 15 seconds then get up and wander around whining...the go lay down again for 12 seconds...repeat. That has completely stopped. He can finally relax. And think. I think. ;)

He does still tussle with his sister and still gets too rough with her, but he seems to be able to listen better. This is what the breeder hoped would happen. Its like taking him off red alert and bringing him down to yellow alert. He isn't so antsy any more. I'm relieved...for him. He must have been just miserable.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I've always said neutering was the best thing that ever happened to Teddy. It's amazing how sweet and attentive he could be when he wasn't interested in escaping the yard and meeting the ladies...lol.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Milly hopes Rosco is just as cute as Remy was!! We are missing pictures of your two babies Missy!! Post some when you get a chance!! please!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts