Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't pay much attention to advertising so this may be old but i was just looking at this weeks grocery flyers. Yes I am bored. I noticed in one of the flyers, the store is advertising a 4 liter bag of "Chocolate Dairy Beverage" what the heck is that??? Not that i buy it, but what happened to good old chocolate milk? The packaging is the same, they changed the name of it. So what's next? real white milk will be changed to dairy beverage too?

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
My milk does not come in a bag :) I don't think I have ever bought choc milk. I buy the powder mix and add it to my milk. Dairy beverage sounds a bit much.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Huh?! A bag of dairy beverage? How odd, chocolate or not!! :suspicious:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We have a half gallon of actual chocolate milk in our refrigerator right now.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ok,sorry LOL i forgot, all of our 4 liter milk comes in bags. But even the cartons are labeled "chocolate dairy beverage" thats what has me freaked out. LOL

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man, just out of curiousity i checked the icecream in the freezer. Its labeled "Frozen dessert" not icecream. What the heck is going on? Are they changing ingredients? GAAAHHHH, i don't buy alot of stuff like this but i am gonna have to be even more of a label reader than ever. I don't buy chocolate milk anyway, if someone wants it, i'll make up some good old homemade chocolate syrup from real cocoa, it is sooo much better tasting, but com'on how many people out there are buying this stuff?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
lots of people do. it is one of the only ways I will drink milk (or I add strawberry quick mmmmmm) when I get in teh mood for it I buy the two litre carton and it taste the same as it always did - I think they add other stuff to it to make it a beverage such as the vitamins etc. why not google it and find out? the beatrice website will probably have some info too.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just went to beatrice.ca website, chocolate is not listed under any of their products at all. So I am guessing that they don't make it or that it isn't really milk anymore. They do have a banana milk and a strawberry in their product list. hmmmm i better leave this alone now before oh nevermind.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL yeah i read that blog, it really doesn't have an answer either. Thats what got me wondering. And now if beatrice doesn't even have it in their product lists then hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wondering huh? LOL

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the article. Thats enough for me, wasn't gonna buy and for sure now will never buy it. Like i said, what's next modified white milk?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't you love how they compared it to using "used part" to build a car? LOL that one got me right there. One of my hubby's customer's is an exec at Parmalat I'm gonna see what he has to say LOL

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
that was kind of gross - I just checked out Lucerne as it is the other major brand available here and they are milk so I will just be sure to buy at Safeway - I normally do buy lucerne dairy, but if it is only milk you go into get at the one it is sometimes easier to pick it up with yoru other groceries....

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I don't buy chocolate milk at all. We would let Makenna have it when we went out for dinner as a treat. No more. We discovered choclate mile makes her crazy.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Scary isn't it! You wonder just what you are consuming. One thing I don't get, are the people who buy the gallon jugs of green, red, blue, orange drink. ICK!!! Give me plain ole Kool-aid anyday and I'll add my own sugar. I have noticed that it's ususally the lower income people who buy this stuff.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
What is Kool-aid besides a green, red, etc drink that you just mix yourself?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts