Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for foods that are very low in calories?? Going to the store tonight to pick up some stuff for breakfast lunch and dinner to eat that are low.

I have been eating things that are under 200. Can anyone think of anything??

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
You want to look at your overall calories.

I would recommend a site like Calorie King (there is a small yearly fee but you can go into the bookstore and buy their calorie counting book)... they have a LOT of information on how to lower your calories, how many calories you should be eating, and etc.

Foods low in calories: Veggies
Foods high in calories: Veggie dips :p

Just as an example ;)

If it tastes good... it's probably filled with calories :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
also, many foods that are 'calorie reduced' are NOT healthy, there are lots of artifical stuff in them. I reccomend sticking to the perimeters of the grocery store when shopping. Fresh, unprocessed, natural foods are your best bet. Yummy fresh fruit and yogurt, or cottage cheese, fresh tossed salads with olive oil or vinegar, yummy lean meats like turkey and swiss cheese rollups. Whole wheat bread and tomato, basi, and a little mozzerella. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Air water and dirt,all low calorie and filling. If it looks yummy and delicious,it's not good for you.

Shop the perimeter of the store. Start with fresh veggies and fruit,mostly buy those items,then Bakery, whole wheat or multi grain breads. Next is meats, lean beef or pork ,boneless skinless chicken and fish (not shrimp). After that, hit dairy, low fat yogurts,low fat milk.

If you stay out of the middle aisles you will be fine.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Mirabella said:
So what resources have you already explored to get this information?
pffft... everyone knows JL is the best resource and if not the best, will certainly refer you to the best

we are just all powerful and all knowing like that ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the calorie king for when we eat out so I know what I am eating. I eat lots of veggies fresh or frozen, I eat chicken dont buy a whole lot of meat. But buying some tonight to have with different things. I am just getting burned out on the samething every day. I will see what I can find at the store tonight.

I think for dinner tonight I will have a little red meat with broccoli and corn. No butter of course.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Sam, what's your calories intake goal each day? I know you said trying to stay around 200...is there per snack, per meal, what?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MyLabsMom said:
Sam, what's your calories intake goal each day? I know you said trying to stay around 200...is there per snack, per meal, what?
Well I have been keeping each meal under 200. Or I save my cals for dinner (because its a bigger meal most of the time). Would it be easier to do NO FAT (FAT FREE) or keep counting my calories? See before lving with a boy I ate healthy all the time. I never ate bread before dating Cody. That includes pizza and buns on hamburgers and hotdogs. Just never ate it. And now I do and I dont like it. Need to break back off and go back to eating the way I use to.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Living with a boy is bad for your health.

I say count calories... a lot of the fat free/non-fat stuff can be kinda unhealthy in other ways.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ender's Mom said:
Living with a boy is bad for your health.
Tell me about it. GEEZ!!!! I think I am going to keep with counting. I always lose track on the weekends. But I got a new journal (write down what I ate that day for three meals and one snack. And I write down my work out) My goal is to drop 10 pounds. When I have been losing two ponds here and there, I am not seeing any change in my body. So we wil see how this summer will turn out. I have until th end of summer to get my BUTT back in shape like I use to be when we started dating. I cant believe how much my body have changed in two years.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Before i quit smoking calories didn't mean **** to me.. i could eat whatever..

I've gained 10lbs in 2.5 months and i'm starting to realize i need to start paying closer attention.. oy..

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Tater said:
MyLabsMom said:
Well I have been keeping each meal under 200. Or I save my cals for dinner (because its a bigger meal most of the time). Would it be easier to do NO FAT (FAT FREE) or keep counting my calories? See before lving with a boy I ate healthy all the time. I never ate bread before dating Cody. That includes pizza and buns on hamburgers and hotdogs. Just never ate it. And now I do and I dont like it. Need to break back off and go back to eating the way I use to.

i just found this for you. i think 200 per meal is too low. do you eat 800 calories for dinner?

"Do not go below 1200 calories per day unless you are on a medically supervised weight loss program or after consultation with your doctor."
http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm

http://walking.about.com/cs/walkoflife/a/dietportions.htm

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I eat three meals that are 200 or below, but most of the time they are right at 200 or 210. I dont count what I eat as a snack. With my cheese cubes its 110 for 7. I am most likely taking in 1,000. But I only count the cals for my meals. Does that make sense?? Like if I have a rock star in the morning I dont count that in my calorie in take (its 260 I think). I am more watching what my meals are. But I only have one to two snacks a day. Like last night I had cheese ravioli with alfredo sause. That put me at 1,100 cals for the day. I eat some carbs in the morning for my running. Gotta have those cards for working out.

I believe that my dinner calorie in take makes up for what I didnt eat during the day.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Sam are you still running and working out? Before you go cutting the hell out of your calories I'd check with a nutrionist. You could probably replace the junk calories with some healthier choices. but I'd really get some professional advice. You're 22, you run and work out,your body is gonna need some fuel. It's not like you in your mid forties and gain weight by just looking at a picture of a burger (that would be me)

Hate to say this but if you skipped the booze you'd have some calories to bank.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
kelli said:
Before i quit smoking calories didn't mean **** to me.. i could eat whatever..

I've gained 10lbs in 2.5 months and i'm starting to realize i need to start paying closer attention.. oy..
I know that feeling. Since I quit 4 1/2 years ago, I think I've put on 40 pounds. It needs to come off. :-\

1 - 20 of 38 Posts