They were the only dogs enjoying a war reenactment (deafening gunshots and bangs) when we went to a country show last year. And fireworks? LOVE them! we have taken them to a display before...they soaked up all the attention and completely ignored the bangs.
Jake is afraid of the TV. He just can't get over those strange voices coming out of that box! He just stares at it while standing all rigid like and his hair stands up he does his little quiet "rrrrrrUFF" thing. I just can't get him to relax with the TV on. It's the only thing I've ever seen him act like that around.
Luckily we don't watch much - especially during the summertime!
1. Choke chains/prong collars
2. Strange men
4. Squeeky toys
5. Small dogs
7. green beans (yes, green beans)
8. His leash
9. loud noises
10. spanish (yes, he hears people speak spanish and sometimes he'll pee himself)
Whenever he sees any of these things he often cowers, urinates, and lays in his own urine. Apollo was previoulsy abused, so that explains SOME of his fears, but not all of them: why the hell does he fear small dogs and green beans?
Bailey is afraid of the bag we put our dry cleaning in when it's full.
I swear, we fill it up and we'll put it by the front door to remember to bring it, and Bailey will run away and growl at it from a distance. ha!
He is also not fond of the vacuum cleaner or the dust buster.
Brigetta is afraid of:
- strangers (and even some people that she knows) :-\
- wide open spaces
- anything new...new parks, new stores; we have to gradually build up to taking her someplace new or she will get really sick
- any changes. if a neighbor has a new plant on their porch or something...she'll refuse to go near it.
- new smells. if you open the door and their is an unfamiliar scent, she won't go through the door.
- people walking behind her, people on bikes, etc.
With these things her tail goes between her legs, she shakes, urinates and gets diarrhea i have to say though- she has come a long way, and made it through two obedience classes.
Toby and Chamois both HATE ear cleaning and run away when the bottle comes out.
Neither is outright scared of the vacuum, but neither likes it.
Chamois isn't too fond of thunder, but she doesn't panic or pee. Don't know about fireworks, we'll find out soon.
Whenever the back end of the car is open, Toby is afraid it might leave without him.
I guess they're pretty well adjusted.
Of course, a couple weeks ago, Toby started barking madly at a ceramic vase that had been sitting on the same windowsill as it had been for well over a year. Not sure what that was all about. :