Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sammie is afraid of the sweeper and funny enough the ironiong board. ;DTroy is afraid of thunder and shell is not afraid of anything. She's the 12 yr. old tough one. :D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
They are fearless and that scares me.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
My Labs are scared of nothing.

They were the only dogs enjoying a war reenactment (deafening gunshots and bangs) when we went to a country show last year. And fireworks? LOVE them! we have taken them to a display before...they soaked up all the attention and completely ignored the bangs.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Thunder is afraid of the vacuum cleaner and heights!
Simba is afraid of firecrackers. The 4th of July is not a good thing for her.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot . Troy is petrified of fireworks. It's made me hate the fourth of July. :mad: He gets so bad.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The Great Abbzilla afraid of a lobster! BAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA!!!!!! Wait'll I tell Frankie!! ;D

Frankie is afraid of nothing. Abolutely nothing scares this boy. My husband keeps saying what an excellent hunting dog he would be. Too bad we don't hunt. LOL

Tucker on the other hand, is pretty much afraid of his own shadow. Poor boy. Thunder, fireworks, any loud noise, riding in the car, Yoshicat.....I could go on. :(

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Jake is afraid of the TV. He just can't get over those strange voices coming out of that box! He just stares at it while standing all rigid like and his hair stands up he does his little quiet "rrrrrrUFF" thing. I just can't get him to relax with the TV on. It's the only thing I've ever seen him act like that around.

Luckily we don't watch much - especially during the summertime!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Elias is scared of the cabinet that holds the things to clean his ears. Cabinet door opens and Elias runs under the table.
9 out of 10 times if I open the cabinet it is NOT for ear cleaning stuff.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Apollo's fears:

1. Choke chains/prong collars
2. Strange men
3. Water
4. Squeeky toys
5. Small dogs
6. Shadows
7. green beans (yes, green beans)
8. His leash
9. loud noises
10. spanish (yes, he hears people speak spanish and sometimes he'll pee himself)

Whenever he sees any of these things he often cowers, urinates, and lays in his own urine. Apollo was previoulsy abused, so that explains SOME of his fears, but not all of them: why the hell does he fear small dogs and green beans?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bailey is afraid of the bag we put our dry cleaning in when it's full.
I swear, we fill it up and we'll put it by the front door to remember to bring it, and Bailey will run away and growl at it from a distance. ha!

He is also not fond of the vacuum cleaner or the dust buster.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Brigetta is afraid of:
- strangers (and even some people that she knows) :-\
- wide open spaces
- anything new...new parks, new stores; we have to gradually build up to taking her someplace new or she will get really sick :(
- any changes. if a neighbor has a new plant on their porch or something...she'll refuse to go near it.
- new smells. if you open the door and their is an unfamiliar scent, she won't go through the door.
- people walking behind her, people on bikes, etc.

With these things her tail goes between her legs, she shakes, urinates and gets diarrhea :( i have to say though- she has come a long way, and made it through two obedience classes.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Mambo is afraid of the rake.

He is also afraid that I will go into the bathroom and disappear. He cries, barks and just has a fit if I don't let him in.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Toby and Chamois both HATE ear cleaning and run away when the bottle comes out.
Neither is outright scared of the vacuum, but neither likes it.
Chamois isn't too fond of thunder, but she doesn't panic or pee. Don't know about fireworks, we'll find out soon.
Whenever the back end of the car is open, Toby is afraid it might leave without him.

I guess they're pretty well adjusted.

Of course, a couple weeks ago, Toby started barking madly at a ceramic vase that had been sitting on the same windowsill as it had been for well over a year. Not sure what that was all about. ::)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Saska is really afraid of the ironing board to not know why, and fireworks but only if they are really really loud and lots of them go of together.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts