Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Go to "profile" and select personal options or something like that. There's a box where you can type in users names.

(who are you trying to ignore?) :p

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Derf said:
I believe it was short lived. I think Nathan could weigh in on this.
hmmm, I wonder if it works, then. (see my previous reply)

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Linda, I think that's just for PMs (not PMS), so if you have me on your ignore list and I send you a personal message, you won't get it. Unfortunately for you, you'll still have to suffer through my posts.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Nick said:
Linda, I think that's just for PMs (not PMS), so if you have me on your ignore list and I send you a personal message, you won't get it. Unfortunately for you, you'll still have to suffer through my posts.
LOL oh, okay.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I thought the ignore button was on the regular threads page, one of those tab thingys. The tabs just looked different to me. There are some posters whose threads would be easier to ignore if there were this button tho!! No, not you Linda...or Nick...

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
einsteins legacy said:
Actually, I thought the ignore button was on the regular threads page, one of those tab thingys. The tabs just looked different to me. There are some posters whose threads would be easier to ignore if there were this button tho!! No, not you Linda...or Nick...
Yeah, I think it was here for a day or two but there were objections to that feature, but you're right...it was a button-thingy on the regular page. I seem to have missed the fight over that feature, but I think Nathan is deeply perturbed and distraught over its absence on the forum. Last I heard, he hasn't had an appetite since. Maybe he can enlighten us as to where it went.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Yeh, someone complained they didn't like seeing how many people had them on ignore, so Daniel took it away! ::) I'm betting the "complainer" is probably gone now! ;D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Looks like we'll have to ignore people the old-fashioned way.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, I just read that thread., thanks for the link Sandy. Personally, an "avoid user" tab would have greatly benefited my sanity!! I'm assuming their threads just wouldn't show up on my screen, if that is correct, WOWZA...that would have been fantabulous!!

I'm surprised Daniel removed it just because some people complained, man, around here there's always complaining and issues reflecting personality conflicts all the time.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wait, I don't understand the whole ignore thing. If you put someone on your ignore list, their posts won't show up on your screen at all? What if they post in a thread started by someone else?

I think it's weird. Why not just ignore people the old fashioned way? Is the ingorer too tempted to open ingorees posts? :police:

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jzgrlduff said:
Wait, I don't understand the whole ignore thing. If you put someone on your ignore list, their posts won't show up on your screen at all? What if they post in a thread started by someone else?

I think it's weird. Why not just ignore people the old fashioned way? Is the ingorer too tempted to open ingorees posts? :police:
I guess that's just what we'll have to do Amy.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'm with Amy -- seems kinda silly.

If Nathan, for example, posts: DWECK HAS BAD BREATH! And I've chosen to electronically ignore Nathan, the remainder of the posts in the thread --

NO HE DOESN'T HAVE BAD BREATH
I SAW HIM BUY A PACK OF LISTERINE STRIPS JUST YESTERDAY
HE ALWAYS EATS THE PARSELY GARNISH ON HIS DINNER PLATES

I'm gonna be able to figure out what the 'offending' post was.

And what if someone quotes the ignored thread further downstream? Does the ignore feature get rid of that, too?

Nancy said:
Nathan said:
Dweck has bad breath
Look what Nathan wrote about Dweck!!.
Either way, you're gonna know.........

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I'm a simple girl. If I want to ignore you, I do just that. Don't need a button to do it for me.

I can only imagine how many people would have me on ignore.. :'(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh my! a breath of fresh air!
I dont have time to call in much but I got a JL notice saying people were having a problem logging in and Nathan was having panic attacks, so I felt obliged to drop by, and boy Im glad I did! I needed a smile today!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts