Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband went to work this morning (building a house right now) with a piece of unbuttered banana bread for breakfast (unbuttered should be illegal), a golden delicious apple for a snack, and a chefs salad for lunch. He doesn't always eat this "healthy" though.....one day last week he brought and made eggs & bacon on the jobsite....another day he cooked up some kielbasa for lunch. A typical lunch for him though is a can of soup.

Yours?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
My husband leaves the house at 5:30am. I am still sleeping when he leaves, so I'm not exactly sure of his routine. But I know he takes a kashi granola bar to eat on the way to work. Then he eats a bowl of cereal or oatmeal once at work. And his lunches vary- sometimes it's a turkey sandwich or some sort of pasta dish or tuna in olive oil or leftovers.. He does eat out once a week for lunch with his coworkers.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Doesn't eat breakfast. He does however eat lunch at noon dinner at around 6 and 2nd dinner around 11 pm.
Lunch is usually a sandwich or KD or leftovers.................

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Jason always has a bowl of instant oatmeal and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich for breakfast.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Mine has the same things day after day. Oatmeal or an egg with V8 for breakfast. Lunch is a salad and a lettuce wrap with turkey or ham. Sometimes celery with peanut butter. The only time he eats something different for lunch is if they go out and that is not very often.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sams Mom, why does he eat a 2nd dinner that late? Does he work nights or something?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I forgot lunch - Jason usually takes leftovers and if there are none a can of soup or turkey sandwich.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Jason works a 4 AM to noon shift so he's at work for breakfast and home for lunch.

For breakfast, he'll usually have oatmeal since it's easy to make in his microwave. He also sometimes cooks eggs in it. He also takes either almonds or some type of fruit for a snack.

For lunch, we either have sandwiches or leftovers from the night before. We have a piece of fruit or a salad with that also. Sometimes, the two of us will go out and have lunch alone since the kiddos are at school. :)

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Sams Mom, why does he eat a 2nd dinner that late? Does he work nights or something?
You got me. I dunno. He works shifts so, yes he occasionally doesn't get home until midnight. The past 2 weeks though he's been on days............... He does feed the baby late though usually around 11-but she will usually go right back down. He's hooked on watching movies online.

2nd dinner is more like a lunch. It's been a bagel and cream cheese the last 3 nights. It can be shrimp, or sausage rolls or anything really that he feels like making..........

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
My DH drinks a couple of cans of Mountain Dew for breakfast during the week and eats lunch at Subway, Burger King, Elmo's, Wendy's and where there is a value mea (except Micky D's)l. If I ate like he does I'd weigh 843 lbs. He is very thin and muscular.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
My DH drinks a couple of cans of Mountain Dew for breakfast during the week and eats lunch at Subway, Burger King, Elmo's, Wendy's and where there is a value mea (except Micky D's)l. If I ate like he does I'd weigh 843 lbs. He is very thin and muscular.
Sounds like my DH. He's still a 32x32 jean. his addiction is Coke (Coca-cola).

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Denny is home right now so he mostly eats leftovers or whatever he wants to cook for himself. When he is working he eats leftovers or biscuits for breakfast at home and then usually goes out for lunch. He is one of those people that wants to eat as soon as he wakes up. I have never been like that. I usually have to be awake 2+ hours before eating something sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
If he isn't home I don't have a clue! Other then leftovers, if he takes the time to dish them up.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Not sure but usually he drinks coffee in the morning and might have a bagel. He eats out most days for lunch, although I've been forcing him to pack more. I think he had leftover chili from last night (or he better have!).

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
SU eats a toast w/peanut butter, or a cookie for breakfast

lunch: mainly leftovers or what we have in the fridge. It varies. today it was a grilled cheese sand, sometimes he'll make a tuna sand. Once in awhile he will bring home a hamburger/fries or a burrito. (oh, he comes home from work to eat, and then goes back)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Bill makes himself breakfast most days, well after I have gone to work (I leave between 6:00 - 6:15 am).

His "3 minute breakfast" consists of two or three frozen blueberry waffles heated in the toaster; two fried eggs; and two or three patties of sausage.

Sometimes he cooks those refrigerated hash browns or diced potatoes and throws in eggs, cheese, and bacon or sausage, plus whatever else he finds in the fridge.

He also makes himself a lunch comparable to breakfast.

Did I mention that he is diabetic, sits at the computer all day, and is gaining weight? :ranger:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really Sharon, you have no idea what your husband eats? It's not a "job"....

Sams Mom, my husband is also 32 x 32, has been since the day we met. :)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Really Sharon, you have no idea what your husband eats? It's not a "job"....
Nope. "Job" meaning I don't keep track of his diet. We don't eat breaksfast or kunch together. I rarely eat breakfast. I don't know what my sons are eating for breakfast or lunch either. They're all grown ups capable of managing that stuff without my input.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts