Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Barklay...the new guy we might be adopting. He comes from a loving family who has taken very good care of him but they are older and can't give him the attention and play he needs. He is 3 yrs old. I know he is mostly lab but it looks like something else is mixed in. What do you think

[URL="http://
[/URL]

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He looks all lab to me! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't had a male dog in a long long time. I've been looking at mostly females lately. Maybe koko would like a little bro vs lit sister. I'm just glad i finally found someone who actually takes care of their dog. No health or mental problems. Even feeds good food!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
He is very cute! But what happened to Honey?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Honey is with my vet's daughter right now. She is undergoing heartworm tx, her heartworms are pretty bad not to mention they found a tumor in her belly. At first the she was just going to keep her while she was undergoing tx, she lives alone, but then they bonded and she proposed a switcheroo. She knew a family that was needing to rehome their dog and she knew I had my hands full with honey. I just want whats best for honey...whether its with me or someone else. I didn't bond with her like the vet's daughter has. I cared about her well being but she was a challenging rescue (temperment and health). I suppose from living on the streets. Atleast with the vets daughter she can get endless medical care! As long as she is not at that crazy vets office who couldn't get their facts straight on when and if she received heartworm injections....I swear that was such a mess. Its been a crazy two weeks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What does KoKo have to say about Barkley?? When we went to look at a chocolate F as a sister for Abby, they wouldn't look at each other. The folks also had a yellow male available and he and Abby were joined at the hip within 20 minutes. She chose for us.

Sounds to me like a win/win for Honey and Barkley. He's a handsome boy, too.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Katie,
I'm glad all worked out for Honey. And Barklay sounds wonderful, and very deserving of a great home.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
He really looks mostly lab to me. Maybe a little golden with that tail. I used to pass by some dogs on my lunch walks - mom was a Golden, one of the pups looked just like a yellow lab - you would have never thought there was any Golden in her. The boy looked like darker red lab/golden mix - gorgeous dog.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts