Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you might know Abby is my adopted baby girl. The adoption papers said lab mix and were always guessing what she might be mixed with. And just for fun I was wandering what you guys think she might be mixed with. SO guess away there's no right or wrong answer considering we don't even know what she mixed with other than that she has lab in her.

stacked, but not really

I can post more pics if needed

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Well, she's definitely MOSTLY Lab. :) Is that merle on her chest? Maybe Australian Shepherd or Heeler or another of those Merle breeds?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the patch on her chest is just a patch of gray fur doesn't really look merle to me, but that's a possibility. Oh and the second picture is of when she was younger and the patch has slowly disappeared with age though theres still a bit of gray on her

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Well, she's definitely MOSTLY Lab. :) Is that merle on her chest? Maybe Australian Shepherd or Heeler or another of those Merle breeds?
Looks more like white with close ticking to me. So my guess will be Lab/GSP. But, honestly, the only thing that makes me think she's a mix is her chest. She could easily pass as all Lab.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree no matter what her mix is she my baby and I love her to death

but no I actually don't have any puppy pictures of her. They ot lost in the move a few years back and we haven't found any, but second one was the oldest pic I have of her and she was 3 in that pic and the last one was the most recent one from yesterday

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
A small white patch on the chest is normal and not a mismark. That's larger than normal, but I wonder if it's within the range of mismarks. Is the patch white or grey? My monitor sucks. :)

Labby knows a lot about mismarking; maybe she'll see this thread and comment. Judging from what I see, though, I'm not sure that she's a mix at all. Does she have any white on her feet?

There are some cool pictures here: http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/mismarks.html

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think the fourth pic tells it all. Abby is crossed with an Ameerican stump sitter, not to be confused with any of the sEtter breeds. Stump sitters, much like their lab cousins, never pass up a chance to sit on unusual objects. As to percentage, Abby is mostly lab which is obvious because of her inate beauty.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
A small white patch on the chest is normal and not a mismark. That's larger than normal, but I wonder if it's within the range of mismarks. Is the patch white or grey? My monitor sucks. :)

Labby knows a lot about mismarking; maybe she'll see this thread and comment. Judging from what I see, though, I'm not sure that she's a mix at all. Does she have any white on her feet?

There are some cool pictures here: http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/mismarks.html
Si,It's a gray patch, she does have a bit of gray on her paws. Oh and her tail is a curly-Q one that normally curls over her back especially when she is on alert. I'll see if I can fnd a pic of it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went back and found some pics that include her curly Qish tail in them. I just took these er attempted to take the first one. I just couldn't get her to stand still long enough ad even when she as standing still Bo made sure to get his butt in that pic and try to get her to play

older pics

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Oh, OK. She's a mix. LOL But still mostly Lab, I agree.

None of the curled-tailed breeds I can think of make sense. (Akita, Malamute, Chow, Basenji... ) Unless it's a genetic accident.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Willy has a curled tail like that. She also looks like she has a little backend like he does. He's a shepherd mix, I'm sure there is some lab in him. Your Abby looks more lab than he does.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts