Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
If you don't have a fenced in yard, or can't convince your pooch to go out there by himself, then you wear some rain gear and learn to appreciate the "joys" of weather :) I walk Skippy and Emilu after work in almost ANY weather - unless there is a completley severe storm, they get walked. Actually the really hot weather does us in more than cold/rainy weather.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Well I have a fenced in yard--but if the boys go out so do I. So I just put on my raincoat, flip up the hood and trot out there with them.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Hmmmm living in Oregon its not an option- you take them out, take them on their walks, take them hiking, whatever you do, you learn to do it in the rain!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hmmmm living in Oregon its not an option- you take them out, take them on their walks, take them hiking, whatever you do, you learn to do it in the rain!
What she said.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
When I had my first dog we were in an apartment - 3rd floor walkup in an urban downtown area. No matter what the weather - I was going out when my dog needed to go. Small sacrifice.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harley has never had a problem with that. For some reason he seems to have picked it up like he's been doing it all of his life. Peeing inside is a different matter.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I go outside, rain or shine, ice or snow....

in fact, my boy does better when it isn't all sunny and hot, if anything our walks are shortest in the summer heat.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I go outside with them,

My two older ones just look at the rain and say "Umm I'll hold it, thanks" and go lay back down, but Sam we trot right out there in the rain and he just looks annoyed he's getting wet until he goes!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I have a fenced yard and during the day I put on my rain coat, wait on the covered deck until he does his business and then rush out and pick it up. At night I go down with him with my rain coat on. He's a labragoat and I need to keep an eye on him. :)

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Abbey hates the rain, but she loves to go swimming.. not sure what that's all about.. haha.

She will sometimes go outside, feel the rain, and run back to the door to go back in.. such a big baby! I have to coax her over to the grass and then I end up getting soaked, too.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Let them out (have a fenced yard) and then get angry because instead of pooping they start playing in the rain and come back all muddy!

or... get wet also...

or... force them to wait ... but they are adults you can´t expect a pup to hold that long.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What they said. :)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Well I have a fenced in yard--but if the boys go out so do I. So I just put on my raincoat, flip up the hood and trot out there with them.

This is exactly what I do. Mine wanted to come back in without going because they are such weenies when it comes to going outside in the rain. After a couple of times of my refusing to come back in until they went, they now go, and hurry back inside. Of course, they have to have me go with them, and then they get toweled off when we come back inside. Tails wag on that one!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts