Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I will be thankful that my Step-mom made me as strong as I am. Take comfort in knowing that DH will be there for me, always! That I have great kids and a big brother that are all the best in the world! That I have wonderful friends in real life and on here! Then I may get angry, and wonder why! :( So how do you fill the hole in your heart that's left! It would be easier if I could just let it go, but its my Dad and he is ill and I love him! I just don't know why he is making the decisions he is right now :'(

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
you cherish the happy memories
and try to forgive and move on

perhaps him being sick is influencing his bad choices - but no matter the cause I'm sorry you are living through it :(

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
conrad said:
you cherish the happy memories
and try to forgive and move on

perhaps him being sick is influencing his bad choices - but no matter the cause I'm sorry you are living through it :(
Thxs I know you totally understand, and I will try to forgive and move on!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
You cannot control the choices of other people. You can only control your own choices. Be strong.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
labby said:
You cannot control the choices of other people. You can only control your own choices. Be strong.
What Labby said, but one addition - you cannot control others actions but you can control your reactions to them.

Illness can make people do strange things they would not normally do. Just love your father, and gain strength from those around you.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
labby said:
so true! You are all great! I will forgive and and love my dad as I always have, but will probably never understand! :(

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
and your inability to understand speaks spades to your moral centre - and is something to give you strength when you most need it

hang in there and vent when you must

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Sorry, Di that you are going thru these rough times. Stay strong and keep to your beliefs. Vent all you want on here if it will help.

Joann

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
You can not control other's choices but you can control how you react to them. Life is too short. Forgive, smile & move on. You are so right....you may never know why people make the decisions they do but please don't let it tear you up.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BigBrownDog said:
Oh. Well, I was going to suggest slashing their tires, but I'll go with forgiveness too. Much better in the long run.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: O.K I needed that!!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BigBrownDog said:
dipete said:
BigBrownDog said:
Oh. Well, I was going to suggest slashing their tires, but I'll go with forgiveness too. Much better in the long run.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: O.K I needed that!!
YAY!!! That was my intention. :laugh:
It still has me laughing!! THANKS :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts