Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be fun to share what you collect. I collect vintage/antique radios and my wife collects pottery and the crazy little clay heads gathered around the fireplace clock. Of course we all collect dog hair on a daily basis but we would have it no other way. I have another 10-12 radios not pictured that I will some day get around to restoring.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I used to collect unicorns, then those got old. Then I tried collecting husbands, but they'd only let me have one at a time, so I collected exes, instead. ;)

I also collect Santa Clauses and dragons.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
foster animals that are unadoptable

I don't hoard them but somehow they collect

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Love the radios, myself. Don't have pictures but old shotgun shells and boxes, antique cookware and most anything with Labs on it.:D

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I love the one that looks like a lunch pail, and the one that looks like Jack Skellington.

I don't really collect much though.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I am such a minimalist and do not like clutter. But if I do pick things up I like items with grapes on them or frogs or penguins.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Huckleberry hound radio worth around $40-$50 if perfect in box. Yours would be around $20-$25. More sought after by toy and cartoon character collectors than radio collectors. Although novelty radios can be a good market. I love the old dog bowls. Amazingly great shape since they would seem to get kicked around a bit or left outside. We have a family friend who is a retired RN and she collects antique bed pans. Yes bedpans???!!! Some date back to mid 1800's made of porcelain and worth several hundred dollars.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
my family would say too many dogs, but it is sooooooooooo not true!

but dog hair, definitely! ;)

i used to collect tea sets, teddy bears,stuffed bunnies and Dept. 56 Christmas Villages and now nothing.

just keeping up with the dog hair is a full time job.......

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Thanks for the info! It was my childhood toy so I'll hang onto it. Most of the expensive dog bowls are from McCoy pottery....your wife might know that name. There are cracks and knicks but I still love them. Bedpans, wow!! Makes sense though considering her profession.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
My big thing is I love old bottles. These are just a few. In this pic there are over 80 some tucked in front or behind others.

We also collect antique clocks and vintage clocks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes familiar with McCoy. That and Roseville bring some good prices at auctions I go to.

Old bottles are cool. SOme are worth some $$$. There are ways of telling the age by looking at the neck of the bottle and the seam of the glass. Without looking it up if the seam goes all the way to the top they can be dated back to 1930's or so. No seam or seam stopping an inch or two before the top was a different manfacturing process used in late 1800' early 1900's. Something like that.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts