Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not a good weekend over all again. No q's at all. Beautiful Open runs but still going down on the sit. He did make it to 20 seconds before I came back and the other day he made it half way. Nice, nice runs.

Utility he blew the glove for about the first time. I must have done a weight shift to throw him off. Go-outs continue to plague us.

I know we've been showing a lot. Saturday I did not have my boy in the ring with me. I don't know who the Lab was that was in the ring but it was not my Roo. The previous weekend his ring attitude was so outstanding I could not believe it. So many people came and remarked about it. We need 20 mor OM points and still 51 OTCh points. He is definately off for two weeks. I know we've been showing almost every weekend since May so the time off will be good. The heavy competition time is over for the year and now it will be about twice a month.

So, I guess I'll see what he does in the fall and begin to work Micah more. That will torque him! :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
How frustrating on the long sits! Sure wish you could get into his brain and ask why he is doing this to you! I bet a break will be good for him, especially if Micah gets some of the attention!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I am thinking, knowing Caleb. I just sent a long e-mail to my instructor.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
With Kona, time off seems to help his attitude........ I very rarely practice obedience formally with him but will just before we show. I have been doing other things with him. Keep in mind Kona and I do not score as high as you and Caleb do though.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Sounds really frusterating Susan, I know you were so happy last weekend.

Can you set him up to have someone else you trust correcting him when he goes down on the sit? I did this just once with Ruby who KNEW I couldn't do anything about it, and now she's very reliable, she watches the judge the whole time...

Oh and I still like my idea of another new puppy :)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds really frusterating Susan, I know you were so happy last weekend.

Can you set him up to have someone else you trust correcting him when he goes down on the sit? I did this just once with Ruby who KNEW I couldn't do anything about it, and now she's very reliable, she watches the judge the whole time...

Oh and I still like my idea of another new puppy :)
I've been to a number of show-and-goes and run-thrus and he has gotten corrected when he has gone down or he simply knows he's being set up and does a perfect sit. SNOT! :p Dumb dogs! As for another puppy--I have my hands full with Micah, thank you very much!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Caleb will probably do well after a bit of a break. I think you have plenty of time left to finish him. Don't rush him :)

Yes, that is why I am giving him some time off. The show season has slowed down dramatically around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts