Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I will post this here too, see if I get a better response on this questions....
Over the last two weeks we have noticed Gracie has a round (about the size of a pea (and growing) spot on the top of her head that appears to be thinning hair. It's not bald, and it doesn't seem to bother her but it's getting to be less and less hair in this one area. She doesn't have any other area where this is happening, just on the top of her head. At first I thought maybe she got some pitch on her as this happened once before near her back leg and after we picked the pitch out it took about a month for it to grown back in all the way. The spot on her head seems to be getting worse and worse. Her brother doesn't have anything like this either. They dont have fleas and are up to date with there vacinations. Nothing in the diet has changed. Derrick just suggested ring worm, and thats why im asking because im getting a little nervous its getting worse and not better. I took a look with a flash light and it's slightly pinkish (not red or irreated) and I dont notice a cut or scab. Any suggestions??? Also, do adult dogs need to be de-wormed regulary, like rabies, distemper etc?? It got me wondering after her asked me because they have never been de-wormed since they were puppies and they are 14 months old now. Thanks so much....

·
Registered
190 Posts
It could be a small spot of demodex mange - pretty common in young dogs. A trip to the vet for a scrape will give you an answer. (Ringworm is sometimes more difficult to diagnose, but your vet should be able to help.)

M

·
0 Posts
Mambo had two spots that sound similair. One was demodex mange, the other I think was ringworm. Even though vet said no. Good luck with you lab and lets us know what it is when you go to the vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts