Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH just called me- Him- " Just checking in, what cha up too" Me- " oh nothing" - he chuckles, " well I doubt that"! So it made me think - what have I done today. 2 loads of laundry, a load of dishes, vacuumed, went to Kohl's and bought a new comforter and sheets. Picked up the mail and paid some bills- oh and have lentil soup in the crock pot:pound: Nothing!! I am lucky enough to have a husband who appreciates what I do, and even luckier to only have to work part time- guess I just don't realize all the other things I do, maybe its because its the "job" I enjoy most! :smile:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL- Actually I have had plenty of reading, computer, playing with Sammi and listening to music time today, in between everything else. However I don't have kids at home anymore, makes a world of difference. I remember how busy life used to be- UGH!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
My oldest daughter has an old kitty she don't want to get his bones cold. I've been making a kitty quilt.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My oldest daughter has an old kitty she don't want to get his bones cold. I've been making a kitty quilt.
Awww that's so sweet of you Glen and I'm sure very appreciated. I should of mentioned that Tom was out working on a deck on his day off, so it wasn't like he was goofing off, we did go out to breakfast before he took off for the project.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How is your ankle Di?
Thats a sore subject:pound::pound:
Seriously thanks for asking Dave! I'm making progress, saw the "physical terrorist" yesterday and she is happy with my progress. I'm only going 1 day a week now- hope to be released completely in a week or two. I still have pain and swelling after a 10hr. shift, but I'm at the point that there is no turning back and I will not have surgery unless, knock on wood, I injury the dang thing again. If I roll it or re injure it in the next year, I'm pretty much guaranteed surgery, so..... my mantra- " Do not roll the ankle" " do not roll the ankle" :crutch:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Di you need to get you a good pair of 8-10 inch lace up boots, something along the lines of a logger or a packer. I'll be in the Work Dept from 12-4:30 tommorow, stop in and I'd be glad to fit you up, do you also need a safety toe.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Awww that's so sweet of you Glen and I'm sure very appreciated. I should of mentioned that Tom was out working on a deck on his day off, so it wasn't like he was goofing off, we did go out to breakfast before he took off for the project.
Yeah, my scrap box is very low, only way I had enough for one that looked decent was to use 3 blue materials, I guess it will do for a yaller cat.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Di you need to get you a good pair of 8-10 inch lace up boots, something along the lines of a logger or a packer. I'll be in the Work Dept from 12-4:30 tommorow, stop in and I'd be glad to fit you up, do you also need a safety toe.
Yeah a steal toed boot would come in handy at work- when I have to kick some A#$:pound:
I just a bought a nice new pair of hiking boots- and a sports brace- one like the pros wear. I will not " roll this ankle"!!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Yeah a steal toed boot would come in handy at work- when I have to kick some A#$:pound:
I just a bought a nice new pair of hiking boots- and a sports brace- one like the pros wear. I will not " roll this ankle"!!
Naw, steel toes are goin' out, go with titanium, you get the same strenth, have a lot less weight and they don't get as cold in the winter.

Or if you work in a nuke plant on anywhere else that you have to go through a metal detector, I recomend the carbon fiber toes, almost as light, and with the polymer (plastic) eye-lets you don't have to remove them to get through security.

See I know more than 19th century clothing. 'Sides that I'd make sure you had the proper size.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Naw, steel toes are goin' out, go with titanium, you get the same strenth, have a lot less weight and they don't get as cold in the winter.

Or if you work in a nuke plant on anywhere else that you have to go through a metal detector, I recomend the carbon fiber toes, almost as light, and with the polymer (plastic) eye-lets you don't have to remove them to get through security.

See I know more than 19th century clothing. 'Sides that I'd make sure you had the proper size.
What you make boots that are wider then they are long!!:pound:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
What you make boots that are wider then they are long!!:pound:
I've got some men's boots with a wide toebox, most likely that's what you need. Did have a guy one day needed a size 7 EEEE, coulldn't help him, Was funny 'cause the next customer needed a 14 AA. Just wasn't my day.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got some men's boots with a wide toebox, most likely that's what you need. Did have a guy one day needed a size 7 EEEE, coulldn't help him, Was funny 'cause the next customer needed a 14 AA. Just wasn't my day.
Well I don't think I would need a EEEE, but A EE at least ; ) and thats not on the broken one! My feet are diffently different sizes, at least width wise - as I know alot folks are. Plus 18yrs of pounding on a hard surface has not been kind to my feet!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Thats a sore subject:pound::pound:
Seriously thanks for asking Dave! I'm making progress, saw the "physical terrorist" yesterday and she is happy with my progress. I'm only going 1 day a week now- hope to be released completely in a week or two. I still have pain and swelling after a 10hr. shift, but I'm at the point that there is no turning back and I will not have surgery unless, knock on wood, I injury the dang thing again. If I roll it or re injure it in the next year, I'm pretty much guaranteed surgery, so..... my mantra- " Do not roll the ankle" " do not roll the ankle" :crutch:
Thats great news! Sounds like you won't be going for surgery. I imagine it has taken extra time to heal with those 10hr shifts on your feet. Just take it easy over the coming year! :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Remember your prez's election catch cry? :usa2:

YES WE CAN!
Glad someone is listening to something he says. With all the speechs and talking, pretty soon folks just start tuning you out!:blah:
:pound::pound:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts