Just Labradors banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
No Allie, I am not crying over this. ;) The purpose of my other post was to point out, just because somebody's dog is one way, doesn't mean they are all like that. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
No bully dogs for me and count out all of those little toys, I would never want a dog I would kill if stepped on. Haley is my first lab and already can't wait for more in the future.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
The purpose of my other post was to point out, just because somebody's dog is one way, doesn't mean they are all like that.
Absolutely. I don't believe in 'bad' breeds either. Everyone who responded to this thread doesn't like the particular dogs they listed for a reason. I personally don't like the looks/temperament of certain breeds. Equally, I wouldn't own a giant breed due to their short lifespan and expensive cost to maintain. I have had bad experiences with some breeds (Boxers, for example) and wouldn't own one as a result. I know some REALLY nice Boxers now but my bad experiences with them put me off owning one for life.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would never own a "small" breed dog, such as a chihuahua. I have always wanted a American Mastiff but don't have the yard space for one and have always worried if they were to "snap", how in the world would you stop it :eek:?

I think I'll stick with labs ;).

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I would never own a small breed dog. My mom had 2 small dogs and my aunt had one and it seems they are more yappy and more aggressive. I also would never own a pit bull (from the stories i hear) and i would never own a boxer ( i was attacked by one).

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Yes I think most people responded with a personal opinion... and we all have them. I love dogs... but I can't see myself actually owning quite a number of breeds. There are reasons, and most of them aren't because "I saw one such and such and he acted THIS way" it is more of a general thing... like grooming. Any poodle, regardless of temperment... needs way more grooming than I'd want to do. A teeny tiny dog... their physical size is why I wouldn't want one... I'd be afraid of stepping on him/her and injuring or evening KILLING the dog. This doesn't mean I think any of these breeds are "bad" or whatever... they just aren't for me.

So for those teeny tiny dog owners and poodle owners out there... no offense... just not the dog for me. ;D

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
We have a springer spaniel and she has been the best dog ever, although she's somewhat grouchy with our lab pup, understandable because she's 12 and he's a pest! I think Springer Rage was around when springers were over-popular and there were breeding problems. I don't think it is still an issue, although I wouldn't get another springer because of the grooming issues (we cheat, and have her completely trimmed for summer).

I would love to have a doberman, but without the cropped ears -- I think the natural look is softer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting Thread.....

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents....

My wife and I currently own:

a 12 year old Golden Retriever
a 9 month Old English Mastiff
a 21 month Old Lab

I noticed rigt away people were listing Mastiffs as a breed they would never own. I love my Mastiff he is gentle, never aggresive, and seriously believes he is a lap dog!! I know the breed at times can have a bad rap, but I would not give up my Mastiff for anything!!

Here is a picture of Duncan lounging on the couch!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Great Thread,

I'd have to say that given our experience last week it would have to be a MinPin as a NOT for me dog. My son lived with one in Arkansas this past school year and wanted to bring him home for the summer, the owner elected to take him to a shelter rather than surrender the dog to us. But after last weeks attack, the MinPin is just too "ruley" for me. We had a Dobe years ago and Zeus was our baby, we loved him so much however unless I lived in a warmer climate I don't think I'd have another.

Now, that English Mastif just above my post. SEND him to me NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love one of him. I'd also like a Braird but that would have to be in the future when my daycare days are done.

·
Registered
659 Posts
PastorAdam said:
Interesting Thread.....

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents....

My wife and I currently own:

a 12 year old Golden Retriever
a 9 month Old English Mastiff
a 21 month Old Lab

I noticed rigt away people were listing Mastiffs as a breed they would never own.  I love my Mastiff he is gentle, never aggresive, and seriously believes he is a lap dog!! I know the breed at times can have a bad rap, but I would not give up my Mastiff for anything!!

Here is a picture of Duncan lounging on the couch!!
Oh oh oh I better not let Kyle see these mastiff pictures! He CRAVES a mastiff!

Honestly, every mastiff I have ever met had the sweetest disposition - I am sure if I had one, I would overlook the droobbles just like I now overlook the labrahair.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts