Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm halfway through THE TAKING by Dean Koontz. Can't decide yet what in the heck it's all about, but it's a good read so far...

What are you currently reading?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
"The Frontier Army 1865-1890" by Robert Utley, going to a Grand Army of the Frontier muster next weekend and thought I would re-read it again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Our Babies, Ourselves: How culture and biology shape the way we parent

by M Small

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
"Little Boxes: The Architecture of a Classic Midcentury Suburb" by Rob Keil.

It's about the Westlake District of Daly City, which is just South of San Francisco. Some of you may be familiar with a song in 1962 by Malvina Reynolds called "Little Boxes". It was an anti-suburban folk song about this very neighborhood.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
All Saints by Liam Callanan- about an older catholic school teacher who has an affair with one of her high school students. i read some really good reviews on it and thought i would read it but i'm not that impressed with it yet and i'm half way through.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Nothing currently.

But I recently finished The Shopaholic and baby. IT's the latest in that series. Very good. :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The Congregationalists by J. William T. Youngs.

Thank you, Glen, for giving me the courage to post this...

·
Registered
577 Posts
ThatsMyGirl, I love reading anything by Jodi Picoult. She spoke at the annual Brady Author Symposium last year at our local college (Catawba College). I had not read any of her books until she was announced as the speaker, so I read My Sister's Keeper and Harvesting the Heart before hearing her. After reading those books, and hearing her speak, I have worked my way through almost all of her books. I have not yet read 19 Minutes, but one of my friends just finished it and really liked it.

I just finished Sweetwater Creek by Anne Rivers Siddons (one of my favorite authors) and I liked it very much. I am in the middle of Judge and Jury (James Patterson) and so far it is not one of my favorite Patterson books.

Next on my list is The Love Wife by Gish Jen. She spoke at this year's Brady Symposium and I read her book Mona in the Promised Land before attending. I'm not sure if I liked it or not-it was different. She spoke a good deal about The Love Wife so I decided to read it. I understand from her remarks and from several of my friends who have read it that it is written very differently from the norm in fiction. My friend, who is probably one of the most well read people I know, said that she was not sure what to think of it, but she was glad she read it. We'll see!

·
Registered
638 Posts
blacklab1973 --

What is Marley and Me about? I had that book recommended to me a long time ago on this forum, and it is on my "purchase" list, but I forget what problem I was having with Misty at the time which prompted someone to recommend it to me...

Steve

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I'm is such a pissy mood..I think I'm going to read the whole ddeelflficfc thread, have a laugh and then go to sleep..
:p ;D

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I just finished Cesar's Way. I don't like him, but I had to read it. The book was more like an autobiography of Cesar's life. The celebrity name dropping got boring.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just finished reading "Marley and Me"

It's an essential read for any labrador owner :). I liked it but it wasn't a gripping tale or anything. Just a pleasant read.

I've taken to calling my dorky lab pup "Waddy" which is what the kids in the book called Marley.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
On The Occasion Of My Last Afternoon, Kaye Gibbons.

I want to read Water for Elephants soon

G

·
Text books, research articles and studies. :p And, for my "quiet moments," U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production by Craig Riesch. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts