Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to move to Washington. Mainly the Seattle area. If I don't make it my place to live, I planned on Athens, Georgia. But, I do have my heart set on Seattle. Now I had plans to own a couple of animals over the years I at least want three to four dogs. But would only be able to afford an apartment when I get a second job. I know I would be able to ask for a transfer from Target, but wanted to get a at-home-job too. So can anyone give me a couple of links if you don't live in Washington?

TIA,

Matsuro (Tia)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Are you planning to own 3 or 4 dogs in an apartment? If so, good luck with that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I want a house someday, but would want at least two dogs. One would of course, be a lab. The other one I want to be a Rottweiler. So I need to find out if they would allow me to own a Rottweiler. I just have plans to someday to own that many pets but want a nice house and at least an additional acre of land. Sorry I didn't post that.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Well with apartments, generally you are only allowed 2 animals.. that's pretty much standard across the board. There are also fewer apartments that let you own dogs, let alone animals at all. It's harder and a bit more expensive, but it's doable. :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Do you plan on having a Rottie and renting? If so, then good luck with that. A lot of apartments have breed restrictions and Rotties are on the list.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about ownership of guard dog breeds? I have always loved the rottweiler breed and could never see myself without one. I know most people would allow a lab in a heartbeat compared to a rottweiler, but if its doable from a landlord, than I would love to look into it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Do you plan on having a Rottie and renting? If so, then good luck with that. A lot of apartments have breed restrictions and Rotties are on the list.
Yes, I know Condos around here that have rottweilers and pits and they seem okay with these dogs being there. So it will either be an apartment for 6 months to 1yr with the lab and I save and move to a condo in Washington (or GA) and get the rottweiler than. I'm looking right now. I just don't know how to search for apartments or Condo's actual owners. Because I was reading one time that its best to contact the actual owners of the property in question for their list of allowable breeds and their blacklisted breeds.

Let me explain the above paragraph, I say that because the apartment I live in now they have told me that the dogs have to be 25 pounds or 18" at the shoulder. But I came across this dog owner that had a pitbull living in the back of the building and I saw another one a month before that one. He was friendly, but still. Why lie and say that my dog wasn't allowed (who's a rottie and lives with my grandmother now) but allow these two pits? Also when we moved in the neighbors behind us had a Chow, someone else had a Akita mix. The manager walked past them all of the time and never said anything to them. So I'm confused on the issue.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If it were me, I would hold off getting any type of restricted breed or mix if you are going to be renting. Google/Yahoo pet friendly apartments to find places that will allow pets. Not sure where you are living now, but the Seattle area can be pricey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts