Just Labradors banner

What are everyone plans this week and weekend??

486 views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  AbbyandMolly 
G
#1 ·
I know its early but I also know a lot of peole use this week as vacation because of the long weekend.

Anyone got any big plans for this week and weekend?

We dont really, got a cook out at my parents Sunday but other then that nothing really. Going to have a nice relaxing long weekend I hope. I am also taking half day on Friday just because I know we are going to be slow.

G
#3 ·
Leave as as soon as I can cut out of here on Friday for a 10 hour drive to Colorado. Scott gets to meet my dad this weekend. ;D heheheh

We're probably going to spend the weekend grilling and doing some fishing and horseback riding. Oh yeah, and shooting some guns probably too. Boys and their toys...

We'll drive back Tuesday. I refuse to be on the highway on Memorial Day. I haven't been home to CO since December of 05 so I'm excited.

#4 ·
Riley's last soccer game is Wednesday.

Then we're kicking around the idea of going to my parents' for the holiday weekend. For one, we haven't been there since March and second, we can't watch the Indy 500 here because it's blacked out (isn't that ridiculous - they get 300,000'ish people in there and they won't let the locals watch it on TV) so we could hang out with my family, cook out, drink, and watch racing all day - Indy and NASCAR.

But, it's a last minute decision and we haven't asked anyone to watch Otis yet so I don't know if it'll pan out.

G
#11 ·
IzzyLucyWillie said:
Oh yeah. They have stayed at the same place for about 5 years now.
People rent out space in their yards, they pop up a tent....
It is suppose to be "part of the fun" ::)
errr uh no thanks. Braver souls than I. ;D

It'd be a fun race and all but not THAT fun. Jealous your SU and kiddos get to go though - bet they have a blast!

#17 ·
Trickster said:
80% of the time is relaxing in the sun, pigging out and doing very little...my kinda holiday (or vacation ;))
I prefer this kind of vacation too. Many times we would try to jam too much activity into very little time. It's sad to go back to work in order to get some rest.

#18 ·
Same old, same old this week. I'd *like* to spend Memorial Day with some steamed shrimp, crab legs and a 6 pack. But noooooo. I have to go to a BBQ with the inbreds and my SIL's birth mother she just found.

*note to self - make a liquor store run before Monday.

#19 ·
Jinx said:
I have to go to a BBQ with the inbreds and my SIL's birth mother she just found.
This might possibly have some comedic value. Please bring video camera.

#20 ·
BudGirl8 said:
IzzyLucyWillie said:
Oh yeah. They have stayed at the same place for about 5 years now.
People rent out space in their yards, they pop up a tent....
It is suppose to be "part of the fun" ::)
errr uh no thanks. Braver souls than I. ;D

It'd be a fun race and all but not THAT fun. Jealous your SU and kiddos get to go though - bet they have a blast!
They do have a blast. My SU's brother flys in from Seattle and they make a weekend of it. They have offered to stay in a room somewhere if I would go but some how I think that would take all the fun out of it. Besides, I'd make them change underware and brush their teeth and stuff :-X They would consider me a real party pooper.
I will stay home, rent a few movies, read a trashy novel and enjoy the peace and quiet!!!

G
#21 ·
labs4life said:
Jinx said:
I have to go to a BBQ with the inbreds and my SIL's birth mother she just found.
This might possibly have some comedic value. Please bring video camera.
Amen to that, and to you needing a serious liquor store run Jinx. ;D

labs4life said:
I prefer this kind of vacation too. Many times we would try to jam too much activity into very little time. It's sad to go back to work in order to get some rest.
We were supposed to get to CO sometime after 2 am, be back up at 8 to load up the camper and horses to go camping in some remote area for the weekend, riding some really long ride with a group of people etc. etc. I didn't want to spend the entire weekend running around like a nut, then have to drive 10 hours back. I'm with you, I don't want to need to have a vacation after my vacation.

I'm going to sit and watch the sunset over the mountains with a cold beer in my hand and listening to the horses munching on hay. THAT'S my kind of vacation right now.

#22 ·
I haven't quite decided what we will do for the long weekend. I was thinking of a canoe trip onto one of the islands in the Adirondack Mnts(Long Lake). I have been keeping my eye on the weather.The night time temps are still in the low forties, high thirties. I'm not sure if Lor is up to freezing her butt off this weekend. The dogs would go apesh!t, they like camping.

I need to go tuck myself into the woods for a few days. It's good for the soul.

G
#23 ·
Jinx said:
*note to self - make a liquor store run before Monday.
My mom told me no liqour that we can only drink beer (that way my brothers GF can not get drunk. She doesnt drink beer.) This should make for a interesting weekend. Happy I am not drinking so that we can drive home that night and I dont have to stay there and put up with all of the drama.

#25 ·
Going to the beach every morning.
Saturday night is Italian night at the neighbor's. I'm making lasagne.

Then Sunday, I'll have SU do a rib roast. Monday is hot dogs/left overs, etc. Maybe I'll make some BBQ baked beans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.