Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its early but I also know a lot of peole use this week as vacation because of the long weekend.

Anyone got any big plans for this week and weekend?

We dont really, got a cook out at my parents Sunday but other then that nothing really. Going to have a nice relaxing long weekend I hope. I am also taking half day on Friday just because I know we are going to be slow.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leave as as soon as I can cut out of here on Friday for a 10 hour drive to Colorado. Scott gets to meet my dad this weekend. ;D heheheh

We're probably going to spend the weekend grilling and doing some fishing and horseback riding. Oh yeah, and shooting some guns probably too. Boys and their toys...

We'll drive back Tuesday. I refuse to be on the highway on Memorial Day. I haven't been home to CO since December of 05 so I'm excited.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Riley's last soccer game is Wednesday.

Then we're kicking around the idea of going to my parents' for the holiday weekend. For one, we haven't been there since March and second, we can't watch the Indy 500 here because it's blacked out (isn't that ridiculous - they get 300,000'ish people in there and they won't let the locals watch it on TV) so we could hang out with my family, cook out, drink, and watch racing all day - Indy and NASCAR.

But, it's a last minute decision and we haven't asked anyone to watch Otis yet so I don't know if it'll pan out.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow morning!!! This weekend I start work down there (haha) and we're probably going to have a big cookout on sunday!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
They're camping in yards?

The one time I went to the 500, I didn't live up here. We were supposed to have a place to crash, an actual house to stay in. That fell through and we slept in the car on the street.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Oh yeah. They have stayed at the same place for about 5 years now.
People rent out space in their yards, they pop up a tent....
It is suppose to be "part of the fun" ::)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IzzyLucyWillie said:
errr uh no thanks. Braver souls than I. ;D

It'd be a fun race and all but not THAT fun. Jealous your SU and kiddos get to go though - bet they have a blast!

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Off on my holiday to Florida on Friday. Can't wait. ;D

This week...packing, getting my hair cut, watching the big football match and other day to day rubbish.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trickster said:
Off on my holiday to Florida on Friday. Can't wait. ;D

This week...packing, getting my hair cut, watching the big football match and other day to day rubbish.
Where in Florida??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well that sounds like fun. Going to a park?? Thats where we were last weekend.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Probably. We usually do at least one or two. That said, 80% of the time is relaxing in the sun, pigging out and doing very little...my kinda holiday (or vacation ;))

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Trickster said:
80% of the time is relaxing in the sun, pigging out and doing very little...my kinda holiday (or vacation ;))
I prefer this kind of vacation too. Many times we would try to jam too much activity into very little time. It's sad to go back to work in order to get some rest.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Same old, same old this week. I'd *like* to spend Memorial Day with some steamed shrimp, crab legs and a 6 pack. But noooooo. I have to go to a BBQ with the inbreds and my SIL's birth mother she just found.

*note to self - make a liquor store run before Monday.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Jinx said:
I have to go to a BBQ with the inbreds and my SIL's birth mother she just found.
This might possibly have some comedic value. Please bring video camera.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
BudGirl8 said:
IzzyLucyWillie said:
errr uh no thanks. Braver souls than I. ;D

It'd be a fun race and all but not THAT fun. Jealous your SU and kiddos get to go though - bet they have a blast!
They do have a blast. My SU's brother flys in from Seattle and they make a weekend of it. They have offered to stay in a room somewhere if I would go but some how I think that would take all the fun out of it. Besides, I'd make them change underware and brush their teeth and stuff :-X They would consider me a real party pooper.
I will stay home, rent a few movies, read a trashy novel and enjoy the peace and quiet!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts