Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I have so many medical issues right now I just don't know what to do with myself. Nothing urgent. Nothing that I need a doctor for, but I am so sick of not feeling 100% for gawd knows how long I am beginning to lose it.

Allergies (I'm convincing myself it is allergies and not another cold) are causing scratchy throat, ear blockage and sniffles. Same allergies have caused a lovely flare-up of exzema ... this time on my hands and one of my knees that are so frickin' itchy I don't know what to do with myself. Not too mention it looks gross. (Yes, I have prescription cream that I am using)

Now add on top of that...vertigo. Yes, ladies and germs. Your favorite who-the-hell-knows-why-I-get-this ailment of the day is back...the spinnies. I'm also going to blame this on allergies. I've had multiple exams for this recurring issue and they have found no cause. So...allergies. *shrug*

And I won't get into the migraine and nausea I had last night. At least thankfully that is gone.

I just want to curl up in a hidey hole and sleep. All I ask is that it all goes away in 6 weeks so I can enjoy my vacation.

Ok...rant over.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awww Missy, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. God is shoving everything on you all at once so that you CAN enjoy your vacation! :D

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awww Missy, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. God is shoving everything on you all at once so that you CAN enjoy your vacation! :D
THAT's exactly the attitude I'm trying to take. After having swine flu, bronchitis and a sinus infection over the past few months I don't think there is anything else I can get! I also am probably run down from stress which is not helping matters.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I get vertigo and dizziness from allergies. It took 8 months back in 2004 for them to finally figure it out after many hospital visits and tests. As soon as they gave me Allegra D it instantly went away. With the very first tablet. Since then I've lost my health insurance so now I buy Zyrtec D (over the counter) and it works equally as well. I also get severe nausia with it and they gave me Compozene for the nausea which works really well. Now, I get the symptoms about twice a year and as soon as I take the Zyrtec D it's gone.

I really hope that you can get it cleared up before you go away.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Melissa, for the exzema ,have you tried cutting out all white flour from your diet to see if that helps? When my stepson stayed longer in the summer with us, we did that to him (he didn't know though LOL) and by the time he left our house, he wasn't using his prescription cream anymore. Within 2 weeks of being back at home, it was back. He also suffers from terrible allergies too.

It might be worth the sacrifice for 2 weeks to see if it helps you out.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get vertigo and dizziness from allergies. It took 8 months back in 2004 for them to finally figure it out after many hospital visits and tests. As soon as they gave me Allegra D it instantly went away. With the very first tablet. Since then I've lost my health insurance so now I buy Zyrtec D (over the counter) and it works equally as well. I also get severe nausia with it and they gave me Compozene for the nausea which works really well. Now, I get the symptoms about twice a year and as soon as I take the Zyrtec D it's gone.

I really hope that you can get it cleared up before you go away.
I take the Zyrtec D. I think it is just because I have such severe allergies that there is only so much it can do. I used to get shots twice a week for my allergies, but there are just some things...cats, tree pollen and mold...that I really have a hard time with. It just dawned on me that the vertigo might be allergy related this time around. I'm going to keep track of it for future reference to see if it coincides with certain times of year.

Melissa, for the exzema ,have you tried cutting out all white flour from your diet to see if that helps? When my stepson stayed longer in the summer with us, we did that to him (he didn't know though LOL) and by the time he left our house, he wasn't using his prescription cream anymore. Within 2 weeks of being back at home, it was back. He also suffers from terrible allergies too.

It might be worth the sacrifice for 2 weeks to see if it helps you out.
Oiy. Wow. I don't know if I could do that. Luckily, my doc just thinks that because I have severe seasonal allergies that I'm going to be prone to exzema. I know I had it bad this time of year last year so I think its all the trees blooming. The part that sucks is that while it started out as two little spots on my elbows when I first got it now I get it on my knees, my hands and even my feet! It is so itchy! The cream really helps, but it takes a couple of weeks for it to go away once it hits. I can't even get my wedding rings off my ring finger it is so swollen!

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I can sympathize with the allergies, mine have been killing me. I've also developed some sort of weird neck/back pain. It started off mild, like I slept awkwardly. The last two days I've been walking around like Frankenstein since I can't really move my neck without searing pain shooting down my back. It's definitely something muscular, I guess muscle spasms or something. It's really cool. I'm enjoying limited mobility...it makes me feel like I'm 70.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
My allergies are driving me crazy too, so I feel for you there. My eyes and face feel so itchy that I want to dig the skin off. I have tried taking everything, and nothing seems to work for me. My youngest son is the same way, so we just lay around and feel miserable together. I hope you feel better soon, I can't imagine the veritgo and migraine on top of the allergy symptoms.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I would like to suggest finding some colloidal silver, it can be purchased at most good health food stores. Take it for at least a week, at least one tablespoon a day, swish before swallowing, this should clear your head and ears. Get on a good B complex vitamin. I know you said you enjoy wine, but wine makes the body release alot of histimines which cause stuffiness so if it is worse when you have wine, you could try taking more colloidal silver then too or drink alot of water before bed and in the morning too, the vit B's should help with that too.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would like to suggest finding some colloidal silver, it can be purchased at most good health food stores. Take it for at least a week, at least one tablespoon a day, swish before swallowing, this should clear your head and ears. Get on a good B complex vitamin. I know you said you enjoy wine, but wine makes the body release alot of histimines which cause stuffiness so if it is worse when you have wine, you could try taking more colloidal silver then too or drink alot of water before bed and in the morning too, the vit B's should help with that too.
Colloidal silver? Never heard of it. What is that?

I'm in my "skinny pants for France" mode so I've cut back on the wine, but I haven't noticed a difference in sympton with or without the vino.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I feel for you! No advice though, but maybe a visit to the doctor would be a good idea.

I am the first person to say not to that but sometimes he actually comes up with some good idea and I wish I had gone earlier!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.