Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night Mckenzie and I went out to stretch our legs and get some cardio in. About half way down the block we run into a new neighbor and her two boxers. The male boxer looks like he weighs more than his owner and starts barking and lunging at us. I pull Mckenzie off to the side and she sits nicely hoping that this lady could get her dog calmed down enough for us to pass. To no avail he is still major pissed and she is barely keeping a hold of him, I was totally freaked and politley said "you've got your hands full we'll just turn around and go the other way". I was freaking out praying to god he didnt get away from her. She acted like she was pissed at me for leaving, what was I supposed to do let him eat me!?! ::) So anyway off we are walking and walking and Mckenzie is doing so well on the leash I'm just amazed. (CLICK) All of the sudden she just gets it, I only had to correct her twice! So we come up on this guy and his great dane which couldn't have been any more than 8 months old and was a beautiful dog. But the guy was walking him on a choke collar and the poor thing was hacking and gasping for air. He wasn't trying to train him to heal just yanking on the poor dog. I felt so bad for the baby. He made a comment on how well behaved Mckenzie was and I just couldn't help but to say something. " It takes a lot of work and practice on both parts, dogs just dont automatically KNOW what you want them to do." Its like if your going to have a dog especially one of the size and strenght of those mentioned above, how about at least reading something on basic traing at LEAST! :mad: I just dont get some people. It makes all of the walkers nervous and afraid to walk in their own neighborhood when we think that these people cant somewhat control their dogs. So anwya we make our rounds around the neighborhood stopping to play with Lucy the rat terrier and Belle and Bunny the English pitbull puppies. Other than all the drama it was a good walk and we were both worn out. Went home for a frozen kong and a banana for me ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts