Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I knew it would finally happen. Molly made a spectacle of herself & me too. She had been out eating those darn shards of grass....so I knew it was only a matter of time. We went out in the front yard for a little obedience work & of course she has to poop. ::)
Halfway way though she starts running around the yard with a turd & a super long dangler along with it. :eek: Then she lays down & rolls on her back. I go in & get a paper towel to help it out. I looked up to see my neighbor raking his yard. He had witnessed the whole thing. He starts laughing & says "I never saw anyone wipe a dog's butt. ::)
I felt compelled to tell him about the shards & the grass eating, but I think he was too busy laughing to really hear me. ::)

Oh the things we do for our labs. :)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Oh dear, Molly!!

I can sympathize... Henery loves the new spring grass and I get to deal with the resultant danglers!!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
rotflmao !!!! I can JUST picture that !! Ginger gets them danglers sometimes, cuz she eats grass and everything else too..... she will run and then whip around and look at her rear end like "what the heck is back there"...... then she will drag her butt to get it off !! I've gotten a paper towel too before........ it brought back memories of my step Dad wiping his Schnauzers butt after she pooped..... at the time I thought the same thing, I've never seen a dog get it's butt wiped ! But I know better now.... it happens to everyone from time to time !!

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I usually carry some "GLAD" (brand) thin film sandwich bags with me to pick up Puff's poops. When she gets a "Stalking Dangler" I quickly slip a bag over my hand like a mitten and pull out the stalk. We've done it so often that Puff's learned by now to wait for me to help her. So far this year we haven't had one yet. She's been eating smaller leaves of grass and usually only the top couple inches of those so they end up coming out in the stools rather than suspending a turd.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's why I love this forum too!! Only here can we talk about our life with our labs & the "unusual " things we do for them. Funny how so many of us know about "danglers." ;D

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Bob Pr. said:
I usually carry some "GLAD" (brand) thin film sandwich bags with me to pick up Puff's poops. When she gets a "Stalking Dangler" I quickly slip a bag over my hand like a mitten and pull out the stalk. We've done it so often that Puff's learned by now to wait for me to help her. So far this year we haven't had one yet. She's been eating smaller leaves of grass and usually only the top couple inches of those so they end up coming out in the stools rather than suspending a turd.
lol...and I can just picture Molly and your neighbor and all...I guess I should be careful tho..lol

So far Tal has not had one so that's good.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
4yelloweyedogs said:
rotflmao !!!! I can JUST picture that !! Ginger gets them danglers sometimes, cuz she eats grass and everything else too..... she will run and then whip around and look at her rear end like "what the heck is back there"...... then she will drag her butt to get it off !! I've gotten a paper towel too before........ it brought back memories of my step Dad wiping his Schnauzers butt after she pooped..... at the time I thought the same thing, I've never seen a dog get it's butt wiped ! But I know better now.... it happens to everyone from time to time !!

Melissa
;)
This has been Timber lately---then she looks at me like , "Get it OFF!!!"

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
LOl! I can just see it.

That happens to Eddie. Always at the park and I never have a paper towel with me and I have used the bag already so I have to look around for a BIG leaf and can never find one so have to use a small one. Meanwhile Eddie is trying to get it out himself, whipping around to see it, sitting down and dragging himself along ( nice one) getting up and trying to see whatever is going on back there. I have to grab hold of his collar telling him so stay which makes him sit, so I have to get him to stand up and stay, then while he is trying to tuun around to see what is going on back there I get the biggest leaf I can find and try to grab hold of it only to find that it's gone........................

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Glad we don't have close neighbors or mine would be wondering about us too! We've had our share of danglers with the thick long grass this spring.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Oh, no! That is too funny and oh yes, we've had a dangle or two here too...haven't gotten caught removing one yet but we all know what you're talking about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts