Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our lights are flickering here, but I'm hoping they stay on. I am not in the mood to start up the woodstove (I can't believe I'm typing that in April). All around us the electric company is reporting 30-40% outages over the last couple of hours. The wind is so strong that the house is making all kinds of noise. It's never done that before. I think I'm going to drag out all the blankets we have, get the snow suits ready for the kids (it's pretty dern cold) and charge up the IPOD.

Is anyone else here in the Nutty NorthEast experiencing this weather too? It's not supposed to end here until tomorrow evening. :p I asked DH if he was able to do what he does someplace warm...I'll learn to keep my shoes on if it means doing in where this type of weather is a rare occurrence. ::)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too, this is a pretty drafty house, and the heat is electric. :( I hope all the other folks in the NE are doing ok. Lots of flooding by the shore. :(

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
It hasn't been cold here but it's been VERY rainy since late last night, last I heard was almost 7" of rain during this period, which is a record. Thank goodness no water in our home, which did happen 1.5 years ago when we had days of continuous rains. Hard to believe we haven't had any power outages yet!! Hope you guys don't lose power and can stay warm and dry.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh man, let me tell you, we've been taking turns going out and keeping the drainage trenches clear, and it sucks. I guess it's better than having to pump water out of the house, but man, I've gotten soaked to the skin. I can only imagine the mess I'm going to have to clean up tomorrow with all the tree limbs and junk flying around. :-\

Man do I miss Condo living. I used to get all cozy during storms like this back then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts