Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a couple of years now I have wanted one of the battery powered Ryobee fans to take to trials and shows. The fan itself isn't too bad--$30 but that does not include the batteries or charger. And now that I have two I really wanted a set. I have actually had someone move my crate and unplug my fan when I have left for a day. Talk about making me made! I had totally forgotten about signing up for the points reward thing with our Visa cards--the business and Lew's. I looked the other day and I had enough points to get two $100 gift cards from Home Depot! So, Saturday we went to Home Depot and I got two fans, four batteries, a charger and a new runner for the back door of the training center and wrote a check for not even $65!!! Now both boys will have fans and I have plenty of batteries. I'll be glad for shows like Winnebago to have them for! They are wonderful! What a blessing to have those two $100 gift cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I've been looking at those too..there are a few shows we could use them at..I'll have to look a my points too..*G*

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Very cool, no pun intended. I got a D battery operated fan last year, and the 8 batteries lasted almost a whole year. I would rather have the rechargeable one but maybe I need to start collecting my points. I am near 5000! :)

Speaking of fans, I found these small fans for the car that plug into the cigarette lighter. I have an Element that doesn't have the best circulation in the back for the dogs, but I put one of those fans in the back plug and one in the front facing back, and it really helps. I got them at Walgreens of all places!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I love my Ryobee fan. I'll have to check my points and see if I can get another also!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have two of the Ryobi fans and 4 batteries but only one charger. I have found that the fans will run for 7 hours on high and 11 hours on low. I have the older yellow and black batteries (the cheap ones) they now have litiun ion batteries (green and black) that are supposed to last twice as long. I have found one charger is enough for two fans because the batteries charge in less than two hours, so I always charge one right when I get home and plug the other in before I go to bed.
After over a year of using a fan I found that the battereies and everything is still going strong.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I don't know the make of my fans, got them at Walmart in the camping section. They run on 8 DD batteries. And I've had the same batteries in them now for almost three years and they are still running (no charger). Granted I don't use them a lot. Probably a couple hours at a trial. But I'm amazed they are still running at all.

One of these days I'll need to get more batteries :)

Sounds like you made out well, Susan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts