Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wet weather + fashion problem!

I am tired of the bottom of my pant legs getting wet every time I go outside (this goes for various weather from rainy fall to winter to spring).

Now, I am not a skinny good looking girl who can wear skinny pants/jeans and some really nice rain-resistant (maybe even warm) boots. I'd love to wear theis but it aint gonna happen. My jeans and pants are mostly slightly flaired at the bottom and thus, even my smaller work pants, do NOT fit in a boot. Plus I have a big thigh so just.. not pretty. Even if i want to forgo "look" i cannot fit my pants in a boot.

So...is there any hope? Am I doomed to having wet pants and changing ten times a day?

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I wear boot cut jeans too, I don't care how skinny you are, unless you are a wasted corpse, skinny jeans make you look weird. Anyway, I find high boots work well. They must be at least halfway up the calf to work with wider bottom pants. Anything lower just looks funny. Mine come about 2/3 the way up my calf. =)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Tanya, the right boot can still make it look sexy and nice, no matter how big your thighs purportedly are (I think I've seen a picture of you and you did not have the thighs you are describing, you were quite proportioned)

Anyways, the right boot will still let you tuck your pants in for the winter and not have you feeling like you've wrapped tree trunks in cloth and shoved them in boots. I'll see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Another thing, if you can find boots that are lose enough in the calf to allow you jeans not to bunch up in the knee, bonus. But, I have bough cheap jodphur clips at the tack shop to keep my jeans pulled snugly down as one of my pairs of boots are very form fitting and I wound up with a bunch of jean around my knee when going from sitting to standing... muffin-top for boots, if you will. The clips eliminated this issue. =)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Okay, damnit, I can't find the exact picture on the site I was hoping to post, and I'm giving up. I still say you don't have big fat thighs.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

My calves are quite large. Very very few boots fit me, and I have a pair I had "stretched" afterwards. Even in middle school I have trouble with ski boots as they were too narrow (even the women!)

I have tried plenty of boots and there is no way in hell I could fit any part of my jeans in there, some of the bigger winter boots I can fit my dress pants in though. Jeans will likely always be an issue! I admit to giving up on boot shopping after awhile so I will try again and find the right store :) I know I tried god knows how many of the rain boots (plastic ones) and they were are a no-go.

I will try again and keep the clip trick in mind :)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Maybe try a winter equestrian boot? Often specialty boots are made in a greater variety of calf widths, with the athlete in mind. Lots of riders have muscular calves. Something to consider.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
If you look at the plus-size catalogs and web sites, they have boots with wider calves. OneStopShop is one, WomanWithin is another, Roamans also.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys - I will try equestrian and plus size stores (not sure why I did not think of that). this is why I ask these questions :)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
As long as I'm wearing boots (ankle height) I don't feel the wet pants, so it doesn't bother me. I guess it might be different if you are slogging through a foot of snow or something, though...I don't have to worry about that around here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts