Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you have been to Westminster. We want to go next year. :) It's always right around my birthday, and I have always wanted to go.

So, where do we start? I have been looking on their Web site, and it looks like you can't buy tickets until later in the year, correct? How much better is it to have reserved seating rather than general admission?

Any hotel recommendations? How early do we need to reserve a room?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I know someone who's there w/her French Bulldog. I'll ask......

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Ugh...I just wrote a whole note and it bombed on me.

Connie...I am so excited! I sure hope you get there. I went for the very first time last year. I'd love to get a chance to meet you...wouldn't it be nice to get a whole bunch of us together??

As far as hotels go I'd say the earlier the better since it is always right around Valentines day weekend so it is bound to be a busy time.

Not sure when the reserved tickets go on sale...I bought general admission seats last minute. I believe the tickets for one day were around $35.00. Because I only went one day I missed seeing half of the breeds....they are benched only for the day they show. it was disappointing for me because I was use to the old PHilly dog show were all the breeds stayed the entire weekend. There is just not enough room to do that at Westminster.

It would be worth going with reserved tickets if you are planning on staying into the night to watch best of show...otherwise I would probably go with GA. Not every since person is sitting and watching each and every breed....so you can sneak down into the reserve section when your breed comes on......if you buy reserve seats you will probably not be in front of the Labrador ring anyway...YKWIM?

Hoping you get a chance to go!!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to get a chance to meet you...wouldn't it be nice to get a whole bunch of us together??
The only thing better than going to Westminster I can think of would be to go to Westminster and meet up with you and a bunch of JL folks!!! Maybe we need a "Let's All Go To Westminster Next Year" thread. :D

These are good tips, thank you! Where did you stay? Did you stay in the hotels where the dogs were? Is it walkable to MSG from hotels?

Just what I was looking for on advice about tickets. :)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to know too!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
It's about four times the size as Westminster. It has performance events (agility, obedience, dancing with your dog routines, etc) plus tons and tons of vendors. I've never been myself, but know several people who have gone and gone more than once.

Check out their website for more details...

http://www.crufts.org.uk/

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh! Now I do like the sound of that, with obedience and agility and freestyle!

Why is it that obedience has never caught on as a "spectator sport" here? Most people have no idea what I'm even talking about when I say we compete in obedience. Then when you tell them about it they look as though they either don't understand or don't care or both. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts